Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions mouse pointer offsets when connected

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    FlyingMonkey
    Participant

I am using Win10 as the main and Kindle Fire 10’s as two secondary displays. Everything works as it should except that my mouse pointer offsets down from its click coordinate when screens are connected. I have to click well below any buttons on my main display to click them. As soon as I disconnect the screens the mouse works normally. I’ve never seen this issues anywhere. Is it just me?

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,
    If possible, can you send us a short video of this issue?

FlyingMonkey
    Participant

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,

Thank you very much for sending a video clip of the issue.
    Are you clicking the Flight Simulator buttons from your primary monitor using the mouse pointer of your primary machine?

Next, could you please send us the following:
    1. screenshot of the Windows display settings with spacedesk display connected
    2. diagnostic logs while offset issue is happening
    To generate the logs, please follow the steps below:
    – open the spacedesk Driver Console window by clicking the spacedesk tray icon on your task bar’s notification area
    – click the Diagnostics on the left side panel
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the mouse pointer offset issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

FlyingMonkey
    Participant

Files attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,
    Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.
    On which display does the offset issue happen?
    Is it in your actual main monitor (3440 x 1440)/display 1?
    Or is it in spacedesk display connected (display 2 or 3)?

FlyingMonkey
    Participant

This occurs in the actual main monitor. I have not been able to use the secondary monitors for input.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,

Ok. Can you quickly check if the display scaling in your main monitor before and after spacedesk connect is always set to 150%?

Also try to reopen the simulator app after spacedesk connect, and check if the offset issue still occurs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FlyingMonkey
    Participant

Display scaling stays the same.

Connecting to the remote monitors before starting the simulator seems to prevent the offset. This is a good workaround for me as long as I remember.

Interesting note. If I connect to remote monitors and then start the simulator there is no offset. However, if I disconnect while the simulator is running the offset occurs.

This is curious behavior, but I have a way to prevent it now. If you need more info on this to work the issue, please let me know.

Unrelated question. The kindles I am using are touchscreens. I have tried to use them as input devices, but they don’t seem to work. Does SpaceDesk provide the capability to pass inputs from remote devices? The OS on these devices is Fire OS, a proprietary version of Android created by Amazon.

Thanks again for all your help.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I think the simulator app is not automatically rescaling its user interface everytime there’s a display change event in the primary machine.

Remote touch input from spacedesk Android Viewer app should work.
    Did you enable the Touch screen control (with Absolute touch type) in the viewer’s Input Devices settings?

FlyingMonkey
    Participant

Those are the settings I am using. If I use the mouse to put the cursor on the remote screen, I can move it around with my finger, but touching the screen on a button doesn’t work.

I also tried moving the windows calc app and MS Edge to the remote screen with the same results.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @flyingmonkey,

We have a previous spacedesk users that verified that MS Flight Simulator does NOT support/recognize touchscreen input in general.
    And according to that user, it can only recognize mouse pointer input from a remote display.

We can only suggest either of the following:
    1. Use mouse touch which automatically activates on your second viewer connection.
    Current spacedesk’s touchscreen only supports in first spacedesk display, so on your first viewer app just activate touch screen first, then connect a second viewer app where you can move your flight simulator app and try to send the mouse touch input from there.

2. Select relative touch input in your viewer app settings (the touch input will behave as mouse pad for your primary machine).

As for Windows calc and MS Edge, it should recognize the remote touch input (absolute).
    Are you sure it did not work with these apps?

FlyingMonkey
    Participant

Connecting the input monitor first seems to allow touch inputs to be triggered back to the main computer. The calc app works fine.
    The sim as you stated above doesn’t process inputs properly.
    When the first monitor is used for the input, your software works as it should. This issue is definitely with the sim app.
    Thank you again for all the support you have provided. It’s been very helpful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘mouse pointer offsets when connected’ is closed to new replies.