Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Mouse freeze on primary device

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MdA
    Participant

After installing SPACEDESK DRIVER SOFTWARE for Windows PRIMARY PC (server) on a Windows 10 PC and then connecting from the second device (fire tv stick), the mouse will be disabled on the Windows PC. But I want to use the TV only as a 2nd screen (pure display without inputs). How can I prevent the mouse from being disabled on the Windows PC?

Version PC: Beta RC v1.0.37
    Version Fire TV Stick: Android App v0.9.95

Windows Firewall Rule allow for spacedesk
    All devices are in the same network (192.168.xxx.xxx)

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @mda,
    Thank you very much for the feedback.
    We have checked this issue and so far we have never experienced a mouse freeze on primary machine upon spacedesk connect.

Maybe disabling all remote input on your viewer app might help.
    Please try to disable it in your Android Viewer app settings -> Input devices, just uncheck the touchscreen and pen input box before connecting.
    Then let us know your result.

MdA
    Participant

OK, I have disabled all input devices. The mouse freezes as soon as I connect via the Android app. After I manually disconnect, the mouse becomes usable again.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @mda,
    To further analyze the issue, could you please send us the diagnostic logs for this issue.
    Please follow the steps below:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console in your primary machine
    – go to Diagnostics, if DebugView is Unavailable, download it first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON
    – connect the viewer app to reproduce the mouse freeze, then disconnect after a few seconds (~10sec)
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

GarrettPatton
    Participant

You can connect your TV and PC via HDMI.

Nirbhay
    Participant

Hi Spacedesk Lea,
    I am also facing the same issue as @MdA. As soon as I connect with my mobile phone with the computer the mouse stops working. After disconnecting it works fine.
    Here is my configuration.

Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.19044 Build 19044
    Spacedesk Driver Console version: BETA RC Version 1.0.46

I have followed your above instructions of generating diagnostic log and have attached the same.

Please provide some solution for this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @nirbhay,
    Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Could you please try to disable the Nvidia ShadowPlay/In-game overlay/screen recording (via Nvidia GeForce Experience window) on your primary machine?
    Then please check if the mouse still freezes upon spacedesk connect.

Nirbhay
    Participant

Hi Spacedesk Lea,
    Can you give instructions of how to disable Nvidia ShadowPlay/In-game overlay/screen recording (via Nvidia GeForce Experience window)

Nirbhay
    Participant

Hi Spacedesk Lea,

I have disabled the In-game overlay of Nvidia Geforce Experience and have attached a screenshot regarding the same. Also I had also generated a new log after disabling the overlay. Please find both attachments below.

Please provide some solution for this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Did you try to restart after disabling the in-game overlay?

Nirbhay
    Participant

I had got my problem there is setting know as turn off the trackpad as soon as a mouse is connected. As secondary screen was a touch device it treated the secondary device connected to a mouse. As soon I toggled that setting to off Spacedesk started to work as intended.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

I see.. thanks for the info. We are glad that spacedesk is now working on your side.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Mouse freeze on primary device’ is closed to new replies.