Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Laptop shutdowns

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rageven
    Participant

Hello im using a PC as the 1st monitor and server.
    And a laptop as a 2nd monitor, which is in the same network with an ethernet cable.
    This setup works great, but there’s a downside.

Whenever my pc goes to sleep mode, if i dont touch the laptop keyboard or mousepad in the upcomming 5 mins the laptop will shutdown.
    Idc why this happens (Ofc when i boot it again it has 0 problems)

Im using the version : 1.0.49

Thanks.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,

Which Windows Viewer app are you using in your laptop?
    Is it Windows 7 or Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) version?

While PC is suspended (in Sleep mode), does the viewer app displaying any status (e.g. Powersave – Reconnecting)?
    Does it only shutdown when spacedesk Viewer app is connected (and in Powersave mode) to your PC?

Rageven
    Participant

It is the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) version;
    and while the PC is suspended (it is a Windows 11 PC), the viewer app is displaying (connected – Display off), then 30 sec later (Powersave mode) with the PC’s IP.
    So yeah it only happens when the viewer app is in powersave mode.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,
    Thanks for the feedback.

This is a strange behavior. Our spacedesk Windows 10 Viewer app should not trigger a shutdown event on a machine.
    Can you please check the current power setting in your laptop? maybe it is set to go on hibernate after a specific time..

For further analysis, could you please send us the dxdiag info of your secondary machine / laptop?
    Just run dxdiag.exe, click “Save All Information” then send us the output file (dxdiag.txt).

Another thing, can you please quickly try with spacedesk Viewer app for Windows 7 (v0.9.39) available on the website?

Forum

Then check if you get the same observation.

Rageven
    Participant

Hibernate mode is desactivated on the Laptop.

Im gonna test with the viewer app u told me

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rageven
    Participant

Well this time my laptop “disconnected” idc why.
    And it wasnt bc of space desk(i was active on my PC), but it only happens when i use it then.

Rageven
    Participant

any update on the situation?

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,

So far we still cannot reproduce the same issue on our side.
    For clarification, with spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app (v0.9.39), your laptop did not shutdown, but instead it disconnected, right?
    Is it a disconnection from your network? What kind of disconnection is it? Can you please further describe?
    Or if it’s possible, can you send us a short video of this issue?

Could you also please send us a DebugView logs of your secondary machine/laptop?
    Just follow the steps below:
    – download DebugView app here: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView.zip
    – extract the files from the zipped folder
    – run the Dbgview.exe as Administrator
    – make sure to only check the Capture -> Capture Win32 and Capture Events
    – while DebugView is open, please run the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app and try to recreate the disconnection issue in the laptop
    – you should find some “SA [xxxx:xxxx] …” traces in the DebugView, please save the logs (as .txt file) and send it to us.

Rageven
    Participant

spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app (v0.9.39) had the exact same disconnecting problem
    And it is a laptop disconnect as ur session, normaly i think that if u disconnect u can reconnect immediatly but foor me i have to boot the laptop again.
    And when i do that all of my apps are still open (even spacedesk and it stays in fullscreen + autoreconnect)

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,
    I see..
    Is “Keep Monitor Active” enabled in the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer -> Settings?
    Is “Auto-reconnect” enabled in the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer -> Settings -> Automatic Connect..?

If both are disabled, please enable it and check again if you still get the same behavior in your laptop.

Rageven
    Participant

Update

Yeah so with the windows 7 version and the settings that you told me it stops disconnecting randomly
    But it is similar for the win 10 version idc why (the disconnects),
    Thanks you

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,
    In the spacedesk Windows 10 Viewer app, you can enable it in the following settings:
    Settings -> Display -> Keep display
    Settings -> Connection -> Auto reconnect on server disconnect

Rageven
    Participant

I did it but as i told you idc why it keeps disconnecting so im gonna stay with the win 7 version

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @rageven,

Yes, please use our Windows 7 Viewer app for now, it’s newer compared to our Windows 10 Viewer app.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.