Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions laptop as second screen, no sound

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jamesson
    Participant

I’m using a laptop as a second screen. I can use the laptop’s keyboard on the computer. It’s very good because I don’t need to use the keyboard on the computer, and it saves space on my desk. However, there is no sound on the laptop. I can use a headset normally connected to the PC (server), but I can’t use the sound on the laptop (client).

The Windows 7 version on the laptop (server) has sound enabled and it works normally. But in the latest version for Windows 10/11, the sound is also enabled in the control panel, but it doesn’t appear to be activated in Windows. I only don’t use the Windows 7 version because it is quite unstable on my laptop. It stops responding and closes on its own frequently. The latest version is more stable. However, without sound.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @jamesson,
    Please try to connect your Windows viewer app, then check in the Windows Settings -> Sound Settings of your primary machine if the selected output/speaker is “spacedesk virtual Speaker”.

jamesson
    Participant

That’s the problem… this option doesn’t appear for me. even with sound enabled in the spacedesk app on the client

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @jamesson,
    For further analysis, please send us the diagnostic info via spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics (make sure to download first the Debug View).
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (check)
    – Connect your spacedesk Viewer app with audio enabled to reproduce the remote audio/sound problem
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF (uncheck)
    – click “Save All Information” (if dialog box appears, just click NO)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.