Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Just Stops Working On PC Restart

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    billy
    Participant

Hello, I have had absolutely nothing but trouble out of this program. It works until I restart my PC, then I must either uninstall the app or repair it to get it to work again. Upon restart, I am met with a Disconnected screen and my PC no longer detects my second monitor. Is there an old version I can download that doesn’t do this? This is a fresh install of Windows on a modern gaming PC. Please do not tell me common steps to do, I have already tried all of the troubleshooting procedures viewing the forums.

billy
    Participant

I believe Windows keeps updating the driver Space Desk is installing because it’s from 2010. Again, this is just trouble, I wish I never installed this to my PC or Android phone.

spacedesk Marcel
    Keymaster

Response to Post 1 above:
    Let us start a comprehensive analysis first. spacedesk Driver/Server is running on which Windows version? Windows 10 or Windows 11? Which spacedesk Client Viewer? We assume Android because we read your rant in the Google Play store reviews. This also sounds as if you already figured out by yourself that “Virtual Desktop” is causing exactly such behavior. There is nothing we can do about it. We cannot fix other companies’ products like e.g. “Virtual Desktop”
    BTW: You said that you already saw “all of the troubleshooting procedures viewing the forums”. Did you also see the instruction manual already? It is available on https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/

spacedesk Marcel
    Keymaster

Response to Post 2 above:
    What exactly makes you think that Windows would update the spacedesk Driver? We never heard any such idea nor such a thing happening before. What makes this even more questionable is the alledged driver date of 2010. spacedesk did not even exist in 2010 (first spacedesk version was released in 2014).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.