Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Issue with spacedesk display screen cast

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    zahy
    Participant

Hello,

I use Spacedesk with Windows 11 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. When I connect using wifi connection, everything is normal. However, when I connect it with USB, it doesn’t connect normally. The tablet can connect to the server, but the screen remains black. The touch function is still working, indicating that there is a connection between the tablet and the computer. I have tried various solutions but have not been able to solve the problem. Can you help me? Thank You.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @zahy,

Please try the following:
    – select File Transfer mode instead of charging mode on the Android device
    – turn off USB debugging on the Android device
    – restart the Android device
    – restart the Windows machine
    – different USB cable
    – directly connect to a USB3.0 or USB2.0 port

If the above suggestions did not help, please send us the generated diagnostics folder to further analyze the issue.
    Open spacedesk Driver Console and go to Diagnostics.
    Follow the collection steps provided and send us the zipped folder.
    In case the folder size exceeds 512KB, upload it in Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive/etc. and send us a download link.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    zahy
    Participant

Still not working, here I attach the diagnostic file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZVxdQDHkowKPHru8NrpKxr8Qg0qgqTHb?usp=sharing

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @zahy,

thank you for sending the diagnostics.
    We will investigate this issue.

Zanderil
    Participant

This has happened to me but on an iOS device. I can connect, but get a black screen only. Controls still work, and I can disconnect, but blank screen only.

Zanderil
    Participant

My issue was resolved by restarting both pc and iPad.

zahy
    Participant

it still doesn’t work please help me

R2FleX
    Participant

I have the same problem, my device is Galaxy Note 4 and I can connect via wireless connection, but when I try to connect via USB, it gives a black screen. The touchscreen still works and soon it disconnects from the PC, but it seems like there is still a connection on the phone. I tried everything but it didn’t work. I closed the problematic applications and did all the other suggestions, but it doesn’t work, but when I try to connect with another phone, I can connect.

R2FleX
    Participant

If I try to connect via wired internet sharing (usb ethernet phone to pc) rather than wirelessly, it works (regardless of whether USB Android is turned on or not), but if I try to connect directly via USB, it doesn’t work, please help.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by R2FleX.
    R2FleX
    Participant

@zahy I think I solved the problem. On older devices like ours, a direct USB connection will not work. Turn on tethering via USB instead of a hotspot on your mobile device, but do so with wifi turned off. If you are not going to connect another device later, turn off Android USB. If you are going to connect, keep it open and click on the IP address that appears there when you open the application. By the way, if your mobile device’s wifi is on, your computer will pull the internet from your mobile device rather than itself, but according to my experience, establishing a direct USB connection with a new device provides better performance, so both can be used. I do not recommend connecting to that tablet if you are not going to use it for its screen and pen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.