Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions IPv6 Compatibility w/ SpaceDesk iOs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jewels
    Participant

Hello!

Today, my IP address changed because of some Wifi issues I’ve been experiencing. And with that, its format changed from IPv4 to IPv6. The SpaceDesk application for the iPad does not seem to be compatible with IPv6. I found a way to find my IP address as an IPv4, but SpaceDesk does not seem to recognize it (evidenced by eternal buffering), so I have no choice but to adhere to the IPv6 format. I was able to use my iPad as a second display perfectly fine last night, but I woke up this morning, unable to use it.

I think I’m missing something… Is there a way around this? Or am I just stuck for the time being?

Any advice is much appreciated! 🙂

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @jewels,
    spacedesk does not support IPv6 address.
    Have you tried setting a static IPv4 address and manually input this IP address on your iOS Viewer app?

jewels
    Participant

Heyo!

Somehow, the issue miraculously fixed itself, and my converted IPv4 address was accepted. Yay!

I’m not sure what happened the first time I tried it, but it works now! Thank you for your suggestion; I’ll keep that in mind if I happen to have any further issues with my IP address. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘IPv6 Compatibility w/ SpaceDesk iOs?’ is closed to new replies.