Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Installing spacedesk windows driver does not finish updating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    conri99
    Participant

A while ago I used Spacedesk with no problems. But once I got a message to upgrade to a newer version, and now I can’t install it. When I try to run the file spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1042_BETA, it recognizes that there is an older version, tells me if I want to update, and starts the installation, but the status bar does not advance. In addition, a file called spacedeskSetup.log is generated that increases in size all the time.

In addition, the path where the installation box says that the program is being saved does not even exist on my machine.

Could someone help me. My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. Thank you

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by conri99.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @conri99,

May we know what version of spacedesk Driver you have on your machine prior to your update to 1.0.42?
    Also, for further analysis, could you please send us the following:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF
    If spacedeskSetup.log’s file size is too large to send, you may omit it. Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply. Thank you very much!

conri99
    Participant

I had 0.9.1071.0, installed 04/04/2021

Thank you

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by conri99.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @conri99,

Thank you for sending the logs. It seems that the previous spacedesk uninstallation is hanging, specifically during spacedesk virtual HID driver unintallation. Please try to uninstall the previous spacedesk Driver manually by following the instruction in the Uninstallation on Windows Primary Machine -> Manual Uninstall (Troubleshooting Only) chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/. Thank you!

conri99
    Participant

It works know. Thank you so much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Installing spacedesk windows driver does not finish updating’ is closed to new replies.