Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Installer doesn’t work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yagerc
    Participant

Had old version (v1.0.31) on Windows 10 64-bit, was working and could detect primary server with Ipad. Received message indicating to update driver. Downloaded V2.1.05 from website, ran and accepted exception. Installer/setup wizard would not progress beyon ~15%, the only way to stop it was to reboot. Tried successive times, no change. Tried to remove existing version (v1.0.31), installer stopped/froze ~10%, again the only way to terminate is to shut down the PC. Old version driver console will still run on primary maching but will no longer establish any connectors or be detectable.

All in all it seems pretty unreliable and has left me concerned I can’t even correct the condition on my machine.

Interested in any help anyone can provide.

Hi @yagerc,
    I see, Could you please try uninstalling the old version by following this chapter UNINSTALL ON WINDOWS PRIMARY MACHINE -> Troubleshooting Uninstall on our user manual?
    Link: https://manual.spacedesk.net/TroubleshootingUninstall.html

yagerc
    Participant

Thanks for the follow-up. Running Microsoft Fix completed successfully after some time. Please advise on whether I should download the update from the website and reattempt uninstallation, or proceed with the Manual Uninstall per the following chapter.

Hi @yagerc,

after Microsoft fix, please reboot your machine then try to install the latest version from the website. you should now be able to download it successfully, let us know if the install issue persists.

yagerc
    Participant

Thanks, that did the trick!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Installer doesn’t work’ is closed to new replies.