Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions I can’t install spacedesk, help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Santiiju2
    Participant

“I’m trying to reinstall spacedesk after formatting my PC. Before the format, the program worked perfectly fine. I’ve installed all the drivers, and the only program I’ve had trouble reinstalling is this one. The issue I’m encountering is: ‘There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.’ I’ve tried many fixes, but it’s just not working. Does anyone know how I can solve this?”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @santiiju2,

Could you please check if there are pending Windows updates in your system settings (or your current update may be lacking some important packages.) If there is, please try to update them and try again with spacedesk.

If that didn’t solve your problem, could you maybe try the suggestions found on this website?
    Link: https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-package

in case the Issue persists, could you please resend us your spacedeskSetup.log together with the following files:
    – Run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information”
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.
    in case it exceeds the allowed size, send it to us by uploading it to any cloud storage app like google drive or dropbox and send us the link.

Santiiju2
    Participant

Hi, I’ve already completed all the steps mentioned on the website, and I don’t have any pending Windows updates. The program still can’t be installed. I’m attaching the files you requested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @santiiju2,

based on the traces, spacedeskdriverbus failed to install on your machine.
    We have released a new spacedesk Driver v1077, could you please try installing this version?
    if it still doesn’t work, could you please send us the output of the following, just follow the steps below.
    -Open Command Prompt as an Administrator
    -type pnputil -e
    -copy all and save to a text file
    Send us the textfile in your next reply.

Santiiju2
    Participant

Now it was successfully installed with the new version. Thank you very much for your help!”

Hi @santiiju2,

Glad it worked out for you!
    We will now close this topic. In case you encounter any spacedesk related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I can’t install spacedesk, help.’ is closed to new replies.