Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions I can’t install spacedesk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    natanrufino
    Participant

Hi there! I’m facing almost the same problem on my instalation. I used to have Spacedesk already installed on my computador, but the last time I clicked on its icon I received a message saying there was no such a program on my computer. So, I have been trying to install it again but it gets stuck on the instalation window…. Could you help me, please? Thanks a lot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    natanrufino
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s the same thing with me, but my spacedesk stopped working too. I have been trying to install it again but it gets stuck on the instalation window….

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @natanrufino,
    For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

natanrufino
    Participant

The files sized 35MB. I tried to answer the email I’ve received from here, but I’m not sure if it worked…

natanrufino
    Participant

Hi! I put the files on this link:
    https://su-link.herokuapp.com/dl/0/Natan.zip

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @natanrufino,
    Thank you very much for sending the requested files.

It seems that uninstalling the old spacedesk HID driver is hanging.
    This is a known issue in our older version, as a work around, please try to manually uninstall the old spacedesk Driver version on your primary machine before installing the latest version 1035.

For assistance, please check Uninstall on Windows Primary Machine -> Manual Uninstall (Troubleshooting Only) chapter in the user manual. https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/#item_518
    PS: Please make sure you do the Step 4: Uninstall spacedesk virtual HID Device (for Windows 10 only).

By the way, before you uninstall manually, could you please tell us the old version currently installed on your primary machine?

natanrufino
    Participant

Hi! Thanks a lot! How can I get the information for the version installed? I’ll read the article you’ve sent me reight away… if there’s that information there, I’ll come back here to tell you the version already installed…

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @natanrufino,

Is spacedesk tray icon visible on your task bar’s notification area?
    If yes, you can click it to open the spacedesk SERVER window / Console window, there you will find the current version on your machine.
    OR you can check the C:\WINDOWS\System32\spacedeskServiceTray.exe -> right-click Properties -> Details tab -> File version.

natanrufino
    Participant

Hi! So, I was unable to install the Spacedesk software and I did not have it on my “system tray”. Well, I followed the earlier instructions and I after rebooting I was finally able to install it and use it. Thank you very much!

Now, let me just ask you that… is it possible to use USB connections between android tablet and notebook so that I could improve the operation? Maybe to eliminate some delay or lag?

THANK YOU GUYS!

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @natanrufino,

Native USB cable connection is not supported by spacedesk.

BUT if your android tablet supports USB tethering, you can use your USB cable to establish a direct network connection between you android tablet and primary machine.

Another option is the Android Debug Bridge Cable connection, this requires Android SDK platform tools downloaded on your primary machine.

For instruction, you can check Performance tuning -> Network Bandwidth -> USB tethering or Android Debug Bridge Cable chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘I can’t install spacedesk’ is closed to new replies.