Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions I am stuck during installations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mgnt.adv@gmail.com
    Participant

I tried to install spacedesk on windows 11 and it stucks. So I kill the process on the background. Then, when read the documentation, I realized that I might need to uninstall stuff. But when I uninstall stuff manually. It stuck too. Now, I cannot install or uninstall stuff. Both of the process stuck. Can admin please help me take a look? Thank you!

log and screenshot are here: https://litter.catbox.moe/qmlw5j.zip. It is ~900KB

mgnt.adv@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi, @lea. Let’s talk here. I believe you replied the wrong post haha. I cannot see anything related to spacedesk on my app list. On the surface, it seems as if I never install spacedesk. However, if I check device manager and registry. The trace of spacedesk is here.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

I moved my reply here..

Hi @mgnt-advgmail-com,

Thanks for sending the setup logs.
    Please try to reboot your primary machine, then try again to uninstall spacedesk (in a regular way) via msi installer “Remove”, or via Windows Control Panel -> Uninstall program.

Manual uninstallation of spacedesk should only be done in exceptional cases if needed and for advanced users only or if previously discussed with spacedesk support team.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Ok. Have you already tried to reboot your primary machine?

By the way, if login fails due to missing captcha, please try to refresh the page (F5) and it should go through.. This is still a bug in our login form and we are currently fixing it.

mgnt.adv@gmail.com
    Participant

I restarted my PC but not working either. And, regarding the problem of showing captcha, F5 is not working for me. I tired to F12 to force showing the captcha but failed. F12 works for registering and I believe people cannot register now by the normal way. The ‘confirm your password’ block is not showing so people will always get ‘password doesn’t match’ error message.

mgnt.adv@gmail.com
    Participant

If you create an account by yourself now, you will see what I mean if the above is not clear.

mgnt.adv@gmail.com
    Participant

@lea , I managed to delete the device and the keys in the registery in safe mode. Then, when I restart, it works. I am able to install now.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @mgnt-advgmail-com,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We already forwarded the account registration issue to our web administrator.
    We will get back to you as soon as we fixed this issue.

We are glad to hear that you were able to install spacedesk properly.
    In case you encounter other issues, just let us know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.