Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Error during installation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    watchbird
    Participant

19/09/2021 – The attached file shows error during installation of Windows Spacedesk driver version Windows 10 64-bit 1014
    Also attached is log file.

I would appreciate receiving advice as to how to overcome this error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @watchbird,
    For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

watchbird
    Participant

FYI….after I received the error during the initial installation, I then retried installation and again received an error. Both setup logs are included.
    Regards

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @watchbird,
    Thanks for sending the requested logs.
    We are currently analyziong it.

By the way, did you install spacedesk Driver before? Or is this the first time you try to install spacedesk?

watchbird
    Participant

Yes I did have an older version installed (maybe at least 1 year older) without any problems. When I first tried the install of the latest version, it failed; I think that it failed trying to uninstall the older version. I then looked at your website and followed the instructions re removing various files. Even though I log on with Admin. privileges, Windows would not let me remove files from the Windows directory; so I was unable to complete the removal of certain files as per your instructions. I am unfamiliar with the Group policy set-up under the current version of Windows and could not find any way to increase my privileges to enable the removal of files from the Windows directory. The incomplete removal of the older version may well be causing the error when trying to install the latest version.

Regards

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @watchbird,
    You might be right, maybe the incomplete uninstallation of previous version is causing the problem.
    Could you please open the device manager (just run devmgmt.msc), cliek View tab -> “Device by Connection” and “Show hidden devices”.
    Then check if you can find any spacedesk devices or “Unknown device” in the list and just right-click and uninstall it, then reboot your primary machine, and try again with spacedesk.

watchbird
    Participant

I ran Device Manager and did not see any SpaceDesk devices. I have attached a list generated by Aida64 Extreme which shows all the Windows devices currently on my PC.

I have previously removed SpaceDesk devices as per your website instructions to manually uninstall SpaceDesk prior to my attempting a re-install the latest version.

Regards

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @watchbird,
    When you manually uninstall the previous version of spacedesk, did you also delete manually all spacedesk related registry keys in Windows Registry?

watchbird
    Participant

Yes – I removed the following entries as per Step 6 on your support page:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\spacedeskService
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\spacedeskKtmInputMouse
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WUDF\Services\spacedeskDisplayUmode

I have checked the registry today and confirm that the above entries do not exist.

Regards

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @watchbird,
    Please try try the Install/Uninstall troubleshooter program https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
    If spacedesk is not on the program list, just select “Not Listed” then paste the product code of current spacedesk version below.

spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1015_BETA.msi:{60C2963B-A3C6-4995-BB85-3274F7190577}
    spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1014_BETA.msi:{8C330294-7E17-42D6-B17F-1D875427F066}

After that, please reboot then try again the installer.

watchbird
    Participant

I ran the Windows Troubleshooter which DID detect and fix some problems.

I have successfully installed the SpaceDesk Windows Driver – problem now resolved.

I really appreciate the assistance that you have provided to me to resolve the installation error – THANK YOU.

This topic can now be closed.

Best regards,
    Helen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Error during installation’ is closed to new replies.