Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions encountered an Error while installing spacedesk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ArjVi
    Participant

Hello, I’ve recently met a problem while installing the space desk. It brings an error at the space desk service step on installing. I’ve tried using the repairing tool, uninstalling and installing it again, and updating my GPU drivers to the newest version. The weird thing is that I can access the spacedesk driver console but I can’t turn on the server, it’s always OFF even when toggle it to ON.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by ArjVi.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ArjVi
    Participant

I have used space desk before but one time it disconnected my second device and after that, I was never able to turn the server ON

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @arjvi,
    While you can run the spacedesk Driver Console app, please click Diagnostics -> Save All Information button, then send us the diagnostic folder for further analysis.
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

ArjVi
    Participant

Here you go

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @arjvi,

Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Based on the setup logs, the spacedeskService is marked for deletion, which requires a system reboot to complete the uninstallation of older spacedesk version.
    Could you please uninstall first the current spacedesk then reboot your machine, and try again installing.
    For assistance, please refer to the Uninstall chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/#item_514.

ArjVi
    Participant

Thank you very much for helping, this fixed the problem, everything seems to be working now 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘encountered an Error while installing spacedesk’ is closed to new replies.