Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Docked windows Keyboard

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    candeman
    Participant

Trying out other software similar to Spacedesk I am able to get option to dock windows native touch keyboard. With Spacedesk it only allows for floating keyboard that cannot be docked to bottom of screen.

I am using Android app on 8 inch and 10.5 inch tablet and Windows 11 PC.

I don’t know if it’s a screen size thing, but on other app I mentioned with same resolution it presents me with docked keyboard option.

The attached picture is what I want.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @candeman,
    What keyboard app are you using? GBoard? Samsung keyboard?

candeman
    Participant

This is the windows touch keyboard, not using android keyboard.

Hi @candeman,

We understand that you’re having trouble docking windows touch keyboard on your screen, Windows 11 has removed the dock/undock option for Devices with 18+ inches screen from its early versions and probably up to the latest. please refer to https://content.techgig.com/technology/microsoft-says-goodbye-to-these-old-features-in-windows-11/articleshow/83918235.cms
    On the other hand, may we ask what screen size does your primary machine (Windows 11 PC) have? what is its native screen resolution? were you able to dock windows touch keyboard with only your main monitor and without any virtual monitor connections? and lastly, what mode were you using when trying out the keyboard on spacedesk and other related software, extend or duplicate mode?

candeman
    Participant

Primary machine uses 23 inch 2k(2560 x 1440) monitor. I am able to dock keyboard on main monitor. I’m using extend mode, disabling main monitor when I connect to virtual monitor.

Like I mentioned earlier, it works on competing virtual monitor software, docking and conforming to size of screen. With Spacedesk keyboard only floats and doesn’t scale in size as it does in competing software. The small floating keyboard is much smaller at max size in spacedesk as compared to the other app. In the attached images keyboard has same system settings, but sizes are much different.

Attachments:

Hi @candeman,

please go to spacedesk driver console in your primary machine and click both ‘clear spacedesk settings’ and ‘clear windows display settings’ then try connecting it to the viewer again and see if you can now dock touch keyboard on your screen. if the issue still persists, try setting your desired resolution in the spacedesk viewer settings by spacedesk viewer > settings > resolution > disable ‘use native android device resolution’ > click ‘Choose custom resolution’ > then see if you can find your desired resolution choose it on from the options then click apply. if the problem is still observable, you can try other resolutions that offers the dock keyboard feature in ‘Choose custom resolution’

also, please send us the diagnostic logs of this issue by following the instructions below.

– Open spacedesk Driver Console
    – Go to Diagnostics then click Save All Information button
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

candeman
    Participant

So, I got it to work setting custom resolution to 1440 x 900 It now can dock, however it’s not ideal because it’s lower res. I can’t go higher than this resolution.

The other app allows keyboard to dock using native resolution of tablet 1200×1920. I can even set to different resolutions from windows display settings and still have keyboard dock. Whereas using spacedesk the windows display setting the resolution is locked to what was set in android app. 1440 x 900 for example.

I am using an 8 inch 1080p tablet by the way.

I have attached diagnostics.

Attachments:

Hi @candeman,

We’re now analyzing the logs you have sent and will update you once we arrive with a permanent workaround. on the other hand, you can now enable ‘use native android device resolution’ in android viewer and try to switch to your desired resolution with windows settings.

candeman
    Participant

Ok thank you. Changing resolution is locked in Spacedesk. It is unlocked in other app and I can go as high as my main monitor’s resolution.

Attachments:

To be able to change resolution in windows settings during spacedesk connection, you have to enable both ‘Use native android device resolution’ and ‘Use custom resolution’ in your spacedesk android viewer settings

candeman
    Participant

Thanks, but even so when I do, I am only limited to 2 resolutions, the native and one lower.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by candeman.
    Attachments:

Hi @candeman,

For further analyzation of your reported issue, could you please send us a video recording while comparing the resolution using spacedesk and while using the other one?
    you can try to do and record the following:

1. record the other app while showing us the resolution in windows settings > system > display, click the second screen and scroll down to resolution. also, please show us your touch keyboard
    2. record spacedesk android viewer settings. choose the resolution the same as the resolution you are using in step 1. upon connection, go to ‘second screen only’ mode and go to windows settings > system > display and click the second screen, please show us the resolution that is shown in there as well as your touch keyboard.

you can send us the video by uploading it in any cloud storage app like google drive or dropbox and send us the link.

candeman
    Participant

See attached

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-rMS2Y2VPYX9elONh7uMjHdx_6DFUG3W

Note there are two additional monitors attached to computer 1) 24 inch 2560×1440 2) 13 inch 1920×1080 – both were set to disconnect leaving only virtual monitor on.

Spacedesk behaves the same whether other monitors are on and extended or disconnected.

Hi @candeman,
    Thank you very much for sending the videos, we will be looking into this matter further and will update you when we got something.

candeman
    Participant

So I found out if I unplug (not just disable in settings) my large monitor the keyboard works as expected.

Again it works with monitor attached and disabled with other program. But with Spacedesk I have to unplug monitor.

Hope that helps in sorting issue.

candeman
    Participant

Edit: seems hit or miss. If screen rotates it loses docking functionality.

And it only works when I have my other smaller, 13 inch monitor attached.

candeman
    Participant

Keyboard format seems to be based on the attached physical monitor size and not android tablet screen size.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by candeman.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by candeman.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.