Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Connected – Display OFF (please help!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZanyT
    Participant

On 9/1/22 I was using Spacedesk — my tablet (second monitor) was connected to my laptop (primary monitor) — when suddenly the display on the tablet went black with the words “Connected – Display OFF.” I am not computer savvy and don’t know what to do. I tried uninstalling the client and reinstalled it, still nothing. I downloaded the primary again, and still nothing. Please help — I need this operational before Friday as I use it for part of my job! Thanks!!

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @zanyt,

Could you please send us the diagnostic logs for this issue?
    – open the spacedesk Console window app by clicking the spacedesk tray icon on your task bar’s notification area
    – click the Diagnostics on the left side panel
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the display off issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

ZanyT
    Participant

Thanks for being so thorough in your explanation of what to do, as I’m not a tech person. 🙂

It seems to be working now, but I wanted to send you the folder anyway just to make sure — if you can please confirm that whatever was the problem is now fixed?

(I saw that other people in here had the same problem at the same exact time as me on 9/1/22, so possibly something happened on SpaceDesk’s end at that time, but all is better now?)

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Connected – Display OFF (please help!)’ is closed to new replies.