I got the same problem, on 2 different Ipads I get the message “connected – display off”
– I deleted the app and reinstalled it
– I deleted the app from windows and deleted it
– I re-installed the nvidia GPU drivers
– I am running the latest versions, windows 11 app: 2.1.09 / the ios app 1.0.51
also i tried to connect directly with USB cable, I installed Itunes, but through usb I dont see the device.
I also attached a logfile, i hope this can help a bit 🙂
I think I prefere to use both options since using the usb, it will probably be faster, and I want to use it in FS2020.
Thank you very much for sending the required files.
We had to move your replies to a different topic to avoid confusion due to you having a completely different issue.
Based on the traces we found 2 possible reasons for this issue:
– spacedeskDriverBus is missing in your machine.
– your client is showing a ‘detached’ status.
Could you maybe try the following?
1. re-install your spacedesk vDriver v2109
2. open the Windows Display Settings on your primary machine and click the detached/greyed-out client then just attach it by selecting extend.
You can also refer to our CONFIGURATION AND SETTINGS
-> Windows Driver (Primary Machine) -> Desktop Extension or Desktop Duplication (mirror) Settings in Display Control Panel chapter in our manual – https://manual.spacedesk.net/DesktopExtensionorDesktopDuplica.html