Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Can’t Unistall / Install the driver.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chaozz
    Participant

Hello. I’m trying to update to the latest spacedesk driver, but the installer keeps failing (I get a ‘installer not responding’ message). I am trying to unistall the old version to see if that could be the cause, but i get the same error message as install. I don’t know what to do. This just happens with spacedesk, all other apps install and work just fine.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @chaozz,
    For further analysis, please send us the following:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

chaozz
    Participant

Here are the files you requested. Let me know if there’s anything else you need.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @chaozz,
    Thanks for sending the requested logs.
    The logs doesn’t show any new traces upon running the spacedesk msi installer.
    I assume, the installer immediately hangs even before spacedesk trace logging.
    Could you please try the steps below:
    – Run “services.msc”
    – Find “Windows Installer” then double click it
    – On the drop down menu of Startup type, select ‘Automatic’ -> OK, then close the window.
    – Reboot the machine, then try again with spacedesk installer and let us know your result.

chaozz
    Participant

Hello. I tried that but i cannot change the startup type. The option is disabled. I’m attaching a screenshot.

I have the option to start the service manually, when I do, the installer still fails to work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chaozz
    Participant

Hello, I found a “solution”, I manually started the service but kept getting the same error. So I just kept pressing ‘retry’ until eventually it worked. I don’t know what could be wrong but at least the program is running now.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @chaozz,
    We are glad that it’s working now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.