Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Can’t delete / re-download driver (server)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KiryhaVer
    Participant

I tried to delete, but at a certain point the deletion stopped. Nothing happened when I clicked cancel deletion. After rebooting, the pc no longer shows up as installed. After that I started installing the current version 1.0.48. I was offered to replace the existing version. Upon acceptance, the installation stands in place at the moment with temporary files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @kiryhaver,
    For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

KiryhaVer
    Participant

Here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by KiryhaVer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @kiryhaver,

Thanks for sending the requested logs.

It seems that uninstalling the old spacedesk HID driver is hanging.
    This is a known issue in our older version installer, as a work around, please try to manually uninstall the old spacedesk Driver version on your primary machine before installing the latest version.

For assistance, please check Uninstall on Windows Primary Machine -> Manual Uninstall (Troubleshooting Only) chapter in the user manual. https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual
    PS: Please make sure you do the Step 4: Uninstall spacedesk virtual HID Device (for Windows 10 only).

KiryhaVer
    Participant

It worked. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t delete / re-download driver (server)’ is closed to new replies.