I am having trouble using my Samsung Tab A8 tablet as a second monitor with the Spacedesk app. My Windows 10 computer does not support Miracast, so I am trying to use Spacedesk to connect my tablet to my computer. The connection is established, but my tablet only displays a black screen, even though an additional screen is visible in my computer’s settings.
I have made sure to update to the latest version of Spacedesk and have updated all of my drivers, but the issue persists.
Could you please help me resolve this issue? Are there any additional steps I should take to fix this problem?
Are you connecting over the wifi/wired network? Or via native Android USB cable?
Could you please check the following:
– open the Windows Display Settings on your primary machine and check if the spacedesk display is detached/grayed out, and if it’s detached just attach it by selecting extend or duplicate
– check for any incompatible software, just run the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> Incompatible Software Products
If the suggestion above did not help, please send us the diagnostic logs of the issue.
– run spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
– if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
– switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
– connect your viewer app and reproduce the black screen issue
– switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
– click Save All Information button (in pop up box, just click No to proceed)
PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.