Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Windows Touch and Pen Input Upside Down

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen – 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)
  • Autor
    spacerboom
    Teilnehmer

I have latest versions installed. Using Windows client app on Windows 10 laptop. It is set as external monitor. My environment requires this laptop to be set as Landscape (flipped). The laptop has a pen. When I turn on the pen and write on it, or when when I touch, everything — my touches and my pen writings — is flipped upside down. For example, touching near the top right corner of the laptop screen registers a tap on the bottom left of the external monitor as seen by the primary computer.

Even if I change the external monitor orientation for this laptop to be „Landscape“ on my primary computer, the touches and pen writing still are flipped upside down.

Note: This laptop is a convertible laptop, if that means anything. I’ve tried all orientations to no avail.

This is sure to be a logic programming error. I absolutely love SpaceDesk and tell all my friends about it, so please fix this!
    Cheers!

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @spacerboom,

Could you please send us the diagnostic logs for this issue?
    – open the spacedesk Console window app by clicking the spacedesk tray icon on your task bar’s notification area
    – click the Diagnostics on the left side panel
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

aliali
    Teilnehmer

Hello,
    Hope you are well.
    The short answer of what worked for me, try uninstalling and reinstalling spacedesk. Then if using LAN cable for connection, try changing the last digit in the manual IP address of the main machine.

I have been suffering exactly the same problem randomly appearing when using space desk to link a windows tablet to a windows laptop (win 10 then again after updating to win 11) through a LAN cable. Spacedesk works great this way but this problem appearing repeatedly randomly made me feel it is unstable. I tried different solutions (deleting the stored Spacedesk data, changing spacedesk viewer settings, changing screen resolution and orientation and function from extend to mirror, disconnecting all additional monitors, recalibrating the pen on the touch screen, uninstalling other touch software such as super display and xp pen) and finally I uninstalled then reinstalled desk viewer on both machines multiple times and cleaned the registry and restarted. After several attempt, Spacedesk was able to work as normal again but the problem of wrong positioned (flipped) pen /touch cursor occurred out of blue from time to time and I kept retrying the previous routine and repeating it till it works again.
    The latest time this problem occurred, I suspected it might be caused by using different LAN cable to attach the tablet to the laptop. I thought this might be similar to resolution problems appearing on windows when trying different VGA cables in connecting the very same monitor to the laptop/pc.
    Before trying the different procedures of uninstalling spacedesk and other probable conflicting programs, I reused the previous cable and this alone did not work. But when I changed the ethernet IP address which I have previously inserted manually, this worked ! The cursor returned to its right position again.
    Hope this may be of any help for you or any similar issues appearing.
    Thanks again for spacedesk developers for this great software and I hope they will provide reasonable paid options for subscription later on.
    Best regards
    Ali

Ansicht von 3 Beiträgen – 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.