Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Windows hotstop or router’s wifi

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    manik2375
    Teilnehmer

Greetings.

Firstly, I am very happy to know that a software like this exists. It’s working amazingly, didn’t expect that.

Now, I have 2 questions in my mind:
    1: Do it uses internet data?
    I’ve already read a post about it and it said no, the software doesn’t use internet data. Actually, the reason I’m asking this question is because, upon speed test I am getting some different result.
    For example, when the 2nd display isn’t connected, then I am getting about 110-120mbps in speed test, but when I am connected to my 2nd display (oh yeah, my primary one is window 10 and 2nd one is window 7 through Wi-Fi) then my speed in same speed test with same server, drops to like 70-80mbps. (Or maybe it’s because of the burden in my network adapter?)

2: Should I use windows hotspot (window 10 mobile hotspot) or the router Wi-Fi? Will it make any performance difference?
    I mean, should I use my home Wi-Fi network for my secondary display, or I should use my primary display’s hotspot? (Distance won’t be a problem as both router and primary display are at the same distance)
    I tried both but couldn’t see a difference.

Yeah, so these are my questions. Once again thanks for the software!

manik2375
    Teilnehmer

Got the answer to the 2nd question, it seems like the mouse movement is much smoother if I connect to my home wifi instead of the mobile hotspot. Only 1st question left to answer.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @manik2375,
    spacedesk do not consume internet data. It only needs to be connected on your local area network.
    When spacedesk is connected, it is expected to affect your network adapter’s load since there’s an incoming and outgoing packet transmission between spacedesk server and viewer app.

manik2375
    Teilnehmer

Got it, thanks for the info!

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Das Thema „Windows hotstop or router’s wifi“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.