Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Win7 spacedesk viewer. Remote audio: option Audio Speaker is not active

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    user213456
    Teilnehmer

The problem occured after rebooting the laptop. Yesterday it was active. No system settings were changed. Speakers are on. I checked „Sound control panel – Playback – Speakers – Properties – Advanced – Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device, Give exclusive mode applications priority“ options are ON.
    I tried to reinstall spacedesk viewer, remote audio function still not active.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @user213456,

Audio Speaker option in spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app will be disabled if:
    – there’s NO real audio/speaker device active in your Windows secondary machine
    – already active in the first instance of a connected viewer app

user213456
    Teilnehmer

Thanks for reply.
    „– already active in the first instance of a connected viewer app“ – There is only one instance of viewer app launched.
    „– there’s NO real audio/speaker device active in your Windows secondary machine“ – There are speakers and they work fine.
    Is there any chance that viewer app can’t detect speakers?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @user213456,

Is there any chance that viewer app can’t detect speakers?
    => We are not sure. We haven’t encountered this scenario.

Could you please try to reset the viewer settings in your secondary machine, just follow the steps below:
    – open the „Registry Editor“ by running „regedit“
    – go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\datronicsoft
    – right-click -> Delete the „spacedesk“ key underneath

Then try to run again the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app.

user213456
    Teilnehmer

It worked, thanks!

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @user213456,
    We are glad to hear that it’s working now on your side.
    A possible cause of this issue is maybe the Viewer app hangs then crashes during the last time you used it with Audio Speaker enabled.
    Did you remember it happening the last time?

To further investigate the cause, could you please check if there are any spacedeskWindowsVIEWER.exe.xxxx.dmp files created in the following directories of your secondary machine:
    – C:\Users\\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
    – C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

If you find one or more dumps, please send it as *.zip file.
    Looking forward to your feedback.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 3 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    user213456
    Teilnehmer

Viewer app never crashed as i remember. Last time before this case happened i put my secondary machine on sleep during connection. After that showed up message „disconnected manually“ like after normal disconnection.
    I haven’t found mentioned CrashDumps directory neither in „Users“ nor in „Windows“ folders.

I just found out this problem occurs when you turn off power of secondary machine during connection.

user213456
    Teilnehmer

However, i don’t remember turning power off first time. As i mentioned before, i just put secondary machine on sleep. I also tried to put it on sleep during connection right now, problem does not occur.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 3 Monaten von user213456.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @user213456,
    Thank you very much for this info. We will investigate and try to fix it.

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Das Thema „Win7 spacedesk viewer. Remote audio: option Audio Speaker is not active“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.