Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Viewer Black Screen

Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen – 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Autor
    Sam07
    Teilnehmer

Hi there, I recently started to use this progam on my friend’s machine, and it ran perfectly fine.
    On my computer, though, when I connect to my tablet, the screen of the viewer (in this case, my tablet) is black, but sounds and interactions with the touch screen are available.
    My tablet is a Lenovo TB-X306F (or M10 HD) 1280×800, while my pc is a HP Pavilion dv6 with AMD A6-3430MX APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.70 GHz 8.00GB RAM 1TB ROM 1366×768.
    I also made a diagnostic and attached the log in a zip file.
    Thank you for your time

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sam07
    Teilnehmer

Update:
    My phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 lite 2020 2.84GHz 7.8GB RAM 128GB ROM 2280×1080) has this problem too, and I sincerely have no clue on how to fix this
    If you can help, please reply.
    Thanks

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von Sam07.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @sam07,

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.

Could you please try to update your AMD Radeon HD 6520G graphics adapter. The current driver version date is still 2015.
    You can download the latest driver from their website – https://www.amd.com/en/support.

After updating please check if this fixes the black screen issue.

Sam07
    Teilnehmer

Thanks Lea
    But from what it appears, the driver was discontinued on 2015, and so can’t be updated.
    If there are other solutions, I am always available.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @sam07,

I see..
    It’s possible that the black screen is caused by your outdated graphics adapter.
    To verify this theory, could you please try to update your AMD graphics adapter to Microsoft Basic Display (temporarily). Just follow the steps below:
    – run devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager
    – go to Display adapters -> AMD Radeon HD 6520G
    – right-click -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for drivers -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    – select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter then click Next to proceed

After the steps above, open the spacedesk Driver Console -> Control -> switch spacedesk OFF-ON, then try to connect your viewer app and let us know the result.

To restore your AMD Radeon HD 6520G driver just follow the same steps above, then just select „AMD Radeon HD 6520G“.

Sam07
    Teilnehmer

With the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter works fine without the error.
    Now, can I keep the driver on the Basic Adapter or I need to switch back on my classic Graphics Card?
    Thanks a lot by the way

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @sam07,

Thank you very much for confirming.
    So the black screen is caused by an old AMD graphics driver in your primary machine.

It’s up to you if you want to keep using Microsoft Basic Display.
    If you are running any 3D games app, you might encounter some issue with Microsoft Basic Display as your main graphics driver.

Sam07
    Teilnehmer

Ok, thanks a lot for the help.

Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen – 1 bis 7 (von insgesamt 7)
  • Das Thema „Viewer Black Screen“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.