Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions USB Debugging Must Be Enabled

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    shdwlynx
    Teilnehmer

When I initially tried to get the Windows Spacedesk application/driver to connect to the Spacedesk app on my Android tablet over USB, it simply did not work. I got the popup on my tablet asking if I wanted to transfer files, photos, or just charge, and no matter what I picked or if I just hit the Cancel button, the connection never started. The System Information section on the Spacedesk Windows application showed an error with code 10. I found nothing useful in all the other diagnostic logs.

In order to make it work properly, I had to turn on Developer Options on the Android tablet and then I needed to enable USB debugging. Once I did that, it worked like a champ, but clearly a user should not have to jump through such hoops. The tablet is running Android 10.

NeilBru
    Teilnehmer

Faced the same issue with my Pixel 7. Could only connect via network. Confirming @shdwlynx solution of turning on USB debugging on Android 14, Google Pixel 7 connecting to Windows 10 ver. 2.1.01.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 9 Monaten, 3 Wochen von NeilBru.
    • Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 9 Monaten, 3 Wochen von NeilBru.
    shdwlynx
    Teilnehmer

Thanks for confirming, @NeilBru.

Spacedesk support folks, I am curious to know if there are any USB performance tweak settings available, because the USB connection is only slightly more responsive than WiFi, which surprised me, but it could just be because I have an underpowered tablet (Leia Lume Pad with a 3D screen and stereo cameras).

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @shdwlynx, @NeilBru,
    spacedesk Android Native USB connection should work even without enabling the USB debugging option.
    Could you try gathering some diagnostic traces with USB debugging disabled?
    just follow the steps below:

– open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – reproduce the issue. do not enable the USB Debugging option.
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if a message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.