Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions USB connection wont support portrait resolution

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    LarsR
    Teilnehmer

Hi!
    I’m using Spacedesk in a setup with a Samsung tablet in portrait orientation, which I find very useful for keeping Teams and other chats by the side of regular work on the main laptop screen.

This works fine when I connect over WiFi, but when I switch to USB I cannot find any resolution setting for portrait mode. The driver defaults to 1920×1080 (landscape) and the image on the tablet displays, but is distorted (compressed horizontally).

Am I missing some smart setting here?

(The WiFi connection is a bit glitchy, that’s why I’m trying to get USB going.)

Regards,
    Lars

• Dieses Thema wurde geändert vor 8 Monaten, 1 Woche von LarsR.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @larsr,
    What display mode are you using? Duplicate or Extend?

We could not download the image you have sent because it exceeds the maximum file size allowed, can you maybe compress it to a zip folder?
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply, or maybe
    send it to us by uploading it to any cloud storage app like google drive or dropbox and send us the link.

LarsR
    Teilnehmer

Hi Christian,
    I’m extending my desktop to the tablet. The image was just a picture of my laptop and tablet side by side, it’s not really necessary as I think you got it anyway.

I checked the windows settings for the extended screen (tablet), but there were no settings for changing the screen resolution, just some for rotating the desktop displayed on it, that didn’t help.

/Lars

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @larsr,
    is the autorotation of your device and in spacedesk settings Enabled?
    if yes, try to connect to your desktop -> rotate your display orientation to portrait manually in the Windows display settings

LarsR
    Teilnehmer

Hi Christian,
    I have played a bit more with the settings. If I turn „Auto-Rotation“ off in the tablet driver, then I can use the portrait (and portrait flipped) settings in the Windows display config to achieve the proper setting without any image distortion.

Problem solved.

Thanks for an excellent solution for the mobile office!
    / Lars

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @larsr,
    No problem, Glad it worked out for you!
    We will now close this topic. In case you encounter any spacedesk-related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Das Thema „USB connection wont support portrait resolution“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.