Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Update yesterday broke the spacedesk client app on my tablet

Ansicht von 12 Beiträgen – 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Autor
    Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

Hello,

I’ve been using Spacedesk for years now to have my tablet work as a third monitor. but yesterday there was an update and it broke a few things, i reinstalled both the server application and the client app and it worked. now today i start it back up and i get a notification that the app has a bug and wont work.

I use an Galaxy tab A8, included dxdiag for your convenience

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @ilsyer,

could you please give further details about the issue you encountered?
    What is the Android OS version of your device?
    Did the viewer app crash upon starting it?
    Did you encounter a problem e.g. random disconnect while using the app?

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

HI yes i can,

Started both machines up (were fully turned off) and as usual started the application after booting. The app instantly closed upon trying to connect and I got a Notification saying there was a bug with the app and to try to update it (which is not possible without an update available)

Android version 14
    yes it chrashed
    No random disconnects aside from instant chrash upon startup

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @ilsyer,

thank you for the details.
    The issue will be investigated.

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

@Nicole

Saw i had a Windows update ready and after installing/restarting PC it works again. kinda weird but glad it works!

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @ilsyer,

do you maybe connect by USB cable?
    We received similar reports and released a new version with the fix.
    Please update the Android viewer app to v2.1.13 and let us know if you still encounter the issue.

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

Yes I am, Tried to install the new update. but right out of he box I am getting the same issue. will restart my pc and see if that resolves it

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

Update, restarted PC and it works now. scared i’ll have to restart my pc tomorrow morning again though

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

Yup seems like i’ll need to restart my pc every day for some reason? (maybe i should try turning on my tablet then my pc instead of the other way around

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @ilsyer,

does the Android viewer app still crash?
    Maybe you could try to disable -> enable „USB Cable Android“ option in the spacedesk Driver Console?

Ilsyer
    Teilnehmer

There was another update today, which seems to have fixed it. ty for the support and updates <3

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @ilsyer,

thank you for the feedback.
    We will now close this topic.

Ansicht von 12 Beiträgen – 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Das Thema „Update yesterday broke the spacedesk client app on my tablet“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.