Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Unable to mirror

Ansicht von 18 Beiträgen – 1 bis 17 (von insgesamt 17)
  • Autor
    ace172
    Teilnehmer

I tried all. And read forum reply’s concerning mirror and stretching.
    I’m on as of now latest w10, spacedesk, iOS, and Nvidia drivers. I switched off incompatible software. I did choose both native and non *resolutions in the app. Connected my primary screen through hdmi and dp. No succes. Both resolutions match up 1920×1080. But the iPad screen gets strechted to full screen. When it was working, half a year ago, the iPad screen on that resolution (1920×1080) was not stretched but had these black bars. Then mirrored screen worked. Now I can only extend. Cleared the windows display settings.
    Any help needed.

ace172
    Teilnehmer

These are images?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ace172
    Teilnehmer

And

Attachments:
    ace172
    Teilnehmer

And last in line

Attachments:
    ace172
    Teilnehmer

Missing one

Attachments:
    ace172
    Teilnehmer

And the diagnostic file

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ace172,
    Is the issue still happening with the most recent spacedesk Driver v1057?

For the stretched screen, please try to switch the resolution of your iPad screen via display settings of your primary machine. From the native resolution to 1920×1080 (a few times maybe).

For the mirror option, have you tried with Windows logo key + P to switch to duplicate?

Did you recently upgrade your Windows 10 operating system?
    Could you please check if you have any pending Windows update in your PC settings?

Stefano.P
    Teilnehmer

Same problem to me with nvidia card… no problem with a w10 pc with intel graphic card, i can only extend with spacedesk.
    If I connect a hdmi display i can mirror.

What could be the solution?

ace172
    Teilnehmer

Ok, it’s solved. Non of the above. Tried that before the post. What solved the problem for me was attaching a normal (cabled) second monitor. Something changed immediately and bang, two cabled monitors and two iPads (with stretched screens) all showed duplicated screens. As if the cabled monitor woke up screen duplication. Used windows +p k to force it, but that did not work during the endless sessions I had when I tried it with the iPads. I was reluctant to see the iPads remained working showing the duplicate screen (all though being stretched).

ace172
    Teilnehmer

When I removed the cabled second monitor. For three week now no problems.

ace172
    Teilnehmer

(And I also have Nvidia card.) Try the above. Plug in a second cabled monitor, force with windows+p choose duplicate. Open spacedesk on the iPads.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ace172,

Thank you very much for the info.

When you said „a normal (cabled) second monitor“ you meant HDMI monitor, right?
    And the current main monitor in your machine is DVI (based on your spacedeskDiag)…

I’m wondering if this behavior only happens in Windows machine with DVI monitor/s,
    we have a similar case here: https://forum.spacedesk.netforums/topic/duplicate-desktop-choice-not-available-for-spacedesk-monitor/
    which also has DVI monitors, he solved the problem by reinstalling Windows 10 Pro.

Maybe something is triggering the Windows 10 to disable the mirroring option with DVI monitors.
    Anyway, we will keep an eye on this issue and investigate more for future reference.

Stefano.P
    Teilnehmer

I found this:

Desktop duplication of primary monitor to other displays is disabled in Windows display settings of Windows 10 with old version of graphics adapter (< WDDM 2.0). Just download the latest driver version from its website OR if it did not work try to downgrade the graphics driver to Microsoft Basic Display driver via device manager.

https://forum.spacedesk.netdt-documentation/troubleshooting/known-issues-problems-and-limitations/windows-10-desktop-duplication-mirror-option-not-available/

my laptop use a GeForce 610M.

Could be WDDM the cause of my issue?

thanks a lot

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @stefano-p,

Only if your graphics adapter is old with WDDM version below than 2.0.
    You can check it on your machine by running „dxdiag.exe“, go to Display tab and check the WDDM version of your display driver.

This is not the case in @ace172’s machine, his graphics adapter is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with WDDM 2.7 version.

Stefano.P
    Teilnehmer

Unfortunately my WDDM is 1.3, with last updated Nvidia driver…

ace172
    Teilnehmer

Hai,
    My not working setup was DisplayPort->hdmi(tv) and two iPads. Only extended workspace. No mater what.
    After I tried a second monitor. Do I had, DisplayPort->hdmi(tv) and hdmi->hdmi(tv). Forced a win+p, got duplicate workspace. Added spacedesk and could choose which monitor I wanted to duplicate, iPad or second monitor.

For everything I try not to reinstall windows.

If needed I could post a new log?

ace172
    Teilnehmer

Hai,
    My not working setup was DisplayPort->hdmi(tv) and two iPads. Only extended workspace. No mater what.
    After I tried a second monitor. Do I had, DisplayPort->hdmi(tv) and hdmi->hdmi(tv). Forced a win+p, got duplicate workspace. Added spacedesk and could choose which monitor I wanted to duplicate, iPad or second monitor.

@lea
    , I tried putting the tv on hdmi->hdmi and the iPads but that did not work either. (But now that works to)

For everything I try not to reinstall windows.

If needed I could post a new log?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @stefano-p,
    Then in your case, desktop duplication is disabled because of Windows limitation as per our details in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netdt-documentation/troubleshooting/known-issues-problems-and-limitations/windows-10-desktop-duplication-mirror-option-not-available/.

It’s either you upgrade your current video card to a newer model OR downgrade from GeForce 610M to Microsoft Basic Display (which we don’t strongly recommended).
    Using Microsoft Basic Display as your graphics adapter might cause some issues during desktop image updates (e.g. trailing windows, left over images, screen flickering, etc.).

Hi @ace172,
    I guess, if it works now on your side.. no need to post a new logs.

Ansicht von 18 Beiträgen – 1 bis 17 (von insgesamt 17)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.