Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Unable to connect error even with Primary machine

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    ahfeldma
    Teilnehmer

Installed apps on both PC and android tablet. Tablet sees PC and correct IP but when try to connect get error saying „Connection failure: unable to connect“. Have tried disabling Norton also checked SpacedeskServices.exe is allowed in Norton. Have uninstalled and reinstalled on both to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ahfeldma,

Do you have VPN (Virtual Private Network) enabled?

What is the current Network Profile on primary machine? Public or Private?
    You can check it in Windows Settings -> Network & Internet.

For analysis, please also run spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostic, click „Save All Information“.
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

ahfeldma
    Teilnehmer

Many thanks for your very quick reply. No VPN enabled. My profile is set to PRIVATE. File requested attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ahfeldma,

Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
    We noticed that aside from Norton, you also have Malwarebytes.
    Could you please try is to add “C:\Windows\system32\spacedeskService.exe” into the “Allow List” of your Malwarebytes and Norton settings to exclude spacedesk from all detections.

ahfeldma
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

I added this files to both Norton and Malwarebytes but still no joy. Do I need to reboot after adding these? I even turned both of them off and still not connecting.

Thanks
    Alan

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ahfeldma,
    After adding the spacedeskService into your Firewall settings or disabling the Firewall, please try to open the spacedesk Console window and switch OFF-ON the spacedesk server.

ahfeldma
    Teilnehmer

Done all of that. Even rebooted. Still doesn’t connect.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @ahfeldma,
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.
    Could you please try the steps below after disabling your Malwarebytes and Norton Firewall:
    – open the spacedesk Driver Console window -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the „Unable to connect“ issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button
    Then send us the updated diagnostic logs collected.

ahfeldma
    Teilnehmer

I turned everything off and now it is suddenly working. Thanks for your help.

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Das Thema „Unable to connect error even with Primary machine“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.