Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk (USB) freezes after 10 minutes

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    Juventino
    Teilnehmer

The usb method of using space desk works for a maximum for 10 minutes and then just freezes for no apparent reason, even when clean crisp quality at 60fps and no lag, so then i have to resort to Wi-Fi mode which increased lag and input delay but works flawlessly without freezes (only crashes when intensive programs are running on Wi-Fi and usb), i cant find any other alternative to this sort of software and i just want this fixed for me.

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @juventino,

does the issue always happen?
    Did the primary display freeze too?
    Did spacedesk recover?
    Have you tried a different USB cable?

To further analyze the issue, please send us the diagnostics.
    Open spacedesk Driver Console and go to Diagnostics.
    Follow the collection steps and send us the generated folder (zipped/compressed).
    In case the folder size exceeds 512KB, upload it in Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive/etc. and send us a download link.

Juventino
    Teilnehmer

1. Yes (and just stays on the last frame forever until usb disconnected manually)
    2. No (after a few seconds after it freezes, the display disconnects but still shows the last frame on the tablet)
    3. No
    4. Yes

Diagnostic: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cBNUSk5zOITN2xmmQJmeegkkKNcfVEvB?usp=sharing

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @juventino,

thank you for the diagnostics.
    The traces showed something from Oculus, do you use VR while spacedesk is connected?
    Do you observe the issue when desktop is idle?

Juventino
    Teilnehmer

I have never used the oculus service when using spacedesk, it must be running in the background. i disabled it and rebooted, after 10 minutes it freezed again. I glance multiple times to see when it will crash.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Monat, 3 Wochen von Juventino.
    Juventino
    Teilnehmer
    Juventino
    Teilnehmer

i also found out in the diagnostic logs, that it still showed oculus was being tracked and used even though no process is found, and in addtion, at the end of the log of „Debugview“ it was saying „L5ProtocolFlowControl::WaitForAcknowledge failed!
    L5CommServiceDesktop::FlowControlWait failed!
    00003594 13:03:12 [4660]
    00003595 13:03:12 [4660] All policies are allowed
    Populating UpdatePolicy AllowList
    00003592 13:03:12 [4660] SKU MDM licensing allow list string from SLAPI:

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @juventino,

thank you for the diagnostics.
    It seemed that the Android device was able to stay connected up to one hour.
    The traces did not indicate any errors in the first 10 minutes of connection.
    So far, we could not reproduce the issue on our side.
    Could you please share how spacedesk is being used and which applications are running on your machine?
    Is the Android device plugged to a USB hub or directly to a USB port?
    Have you tried to plug the device in a USB2.0 or USB3.0 port?
    Is USB debugging of the device disabled?

PS: DebugView tool captures available traces of running applications. This is why there’s Oculus and other software’s traces in the log file.

Juventino
    Teilnehmer

the only 3 times it crashed that day was when using OBS, Opened Helldivers 2, And Sitting not being used. it seems that space desk doesn’t like intensive programs running. i have a usb hub but i have the usb going directly to the pc port. not tried usb 2.0 -> 3.0. and usb debugging is disabled.

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.