Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk switches mouse off

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Autor
    wimorrison
    Teilnehmer

I have been using SpaceDesk with a Dell Latitude 7490 connected via USB to an iPad to present a second screen and it has performed without faut of issue for a long time. I switch off the touch screen on the iPad because people touch the screen and it causes issues. Only the laptop is able to interact with the program, the iPad is purely a remote screen showing one aspect of the program.

I have changed to a Dell Latitude 7430 with touchscreen and I have a major issue because when I connect the same iPad to the new laptop with Spacedesk running I cannot operate the mouse, in fact it disappears and I need to use the touch screen on the laptop, but the program is not suited to a touchscreen interface.

How can I resolve this so that when I connect the iPad to the laptop the mouse continues to operate?

I am using Win11 23H2 (OS Build 22635.4225) The configuration from Spacedesk is;

spacedesk DRIVERS
    ————————-
    Device Name : spacedesk Graphics Adapter
    Version: 10.2.382.167
    Device ID : SWD\{1BAAD4AC-CD9D-4207-B4FF-C4F160604B13}\0000
    Error Code : 0
    PNPClass : Display
    Service : WUDFRd
    HardwareID[0] : VID_DATRONICSOFT_PID_SPACEDESK_VIRTUAL_DISPLAY_0003

Device Name : spacedesk virtual Bus
    Version: 1.0.455.42
    Device ID : ROOT\SPACEDESK_VIRTUAL_BUS\0000
    PNPClass : System
    Service : spacedeskDriverBus
    HardwareID[0] : Root\VID_DATRONICSOFT_PID_SPACEDESK_VIRTUAL_BUS_0001

Device Name : spacedesk Android Control
    Device ID : ROOT\SPACEDESK_ANDROID_CONTROL\0000
    PNPClass : System
    Service : spacedeskDriverAndroidControl
    HardwareID[0] : ROOT\VID_DATRONICSOFT_PID_SPACEDESK_DRIVER_USB_ANDROID_0001

I hope you can solve this as I now rely on SpaceDesk to show others what I am doing. I should say that this is non-commercial and I am simply displaying a screen from the control program I use to control an exhibition model railway. You can see it running here https://wimorrison.com/kaninchenbau.

wimorrison
    Teilnehmer

I attach the file when the iPad is connected and Spacedesk is running. I had to do a screen grab because the mouse doesn’t work to let me grab the text as I did above 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wimorrison
    Teilnehmer

I have tried switching off the touchscreen and unfortunately that immediately work 🙁 as the mouse still ceases to function immediately Spacedesk is connected 🙁

wimorrison
    Teilnehmer

I attach the Spacedesk settings as exported by SpaceDesk

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Woche, 2 Tage von wimorrison.
    Attachments:
    spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @wimorrison,

thank you for the details.
    Could you please clarify which is not working – is it the Dell’s touchpad or its touchscreen?

If it’s the touchpad, could you please check in the Touchpad settings if „Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected“ is checked? Please see the attached screenshot for reference.

Attachments:
    wimorrison
    Teilnehmer

Nicole,

Excellent, such a simple fix, though it is somewhat hidden in Win11, and strangely I have did not set that on the old laptop (I just checked it) – no matter it is working perfectly.

Thank you.

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @wimorrison,

glad that it is now working on your side.
    We will now close this topic.

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Das Thema „Spacedesk switches mouse off“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.