Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions spacedesk does not open

Ansicht von 14 Beiträgen – 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Autor
    right
    Teilnehmer

I downloaded spacedesk from different sources, from the website and from the Microsoft Store, nothing happens when I start, sometimes a window appears for microseconds but nothing starts. I tried to set it to run compatible with Windows 7, but that didn’t help either.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    Can you tell us more about the problem?
    Is it the spacedesk Windows VIEWER app from Microsoft Store?
    What is the operating system of your secondary machine?
    For further analysis, can you maybe send us the dxdiag info of your secondary machine?
    Just search and run dxdiag.exe then click „Save All Information“ then send us the output file (dxdiag.txt).

Have you also tried the spacedesk VIEWER desktop version 0.9.43 (for Windows 7)?
    If not, please try it.

For assistance, please also check the spacedesk documentation https://manual.spacedesk.net/.

right
    Teilnehmer

I downloaded the program from your site, launched it, nothing works, I tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, nothing works either. Then I tried to download the program again from your site but set it to run with compatibility with Win 7 and Win 8, but it didn’t help, I also tried restarting the PC and running the program as an administrator. The operating system on the secondary PC is Windows Pro. System characteristics (as a secondary machine using an old laptop):
    processor – i5-540m
    video card – nvs-5100m
    RAM – 4 GB
    Also, at your request, I will attach a dixdiag file.
    If you need anything else to help me solve this problem, I will try to provide it to youI downloaded the program from your site, launched it, nothing works, I tried downloading it from Microsoft Store, nothing works either. Then I tried to download the program again from your site but set it to run with compatibility with Win 7 and Win 8, but it didn’t help, I also tried restarting the PC and running the program as an administrator. The operating system on the secondary PC is Windows Pro. System characteristics (as a secondary machine using an old laptop):
    processor – i5-540m
    video card – nvs-5100m
    RAM – 4 GB
    Also, at your request, I will attach a dxdiag file.
    If you need anything else to help me solve this problem, I will try to provide it to you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    Thank you very much for sending the requested info.
    For further analysis, could you also please send us a DebugView logs of your secondary machine/laptop?
    Just follow the steps below:
    – download DebugView app here: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView.zip
    – extract the files from the zipped folder
    – run the Dbgview.exe as Administrator
    – make sure to only check the Capture -> Capture Win32 and Capture Events
    – while DebugView is open, please run the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer app and try to recreate the issue
    – you should find some “SA [xxxx:xxxx] …” traces in the DebugView, please save the logs (as .txt file) and send it to us.

right
    Teilnehmer

I tried to do what you asked, but I’m not sure that I did everything correctly. I launched the application spacedesk viewer with the Windows 7 compatibility parameter, in which case lines appeared in the application; when I launched the program without this parameter, nothing appeared in debugview

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 9 Monaten, 2 Wochen von right.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    Thank you very much for sending the required files,
    but there is a problem with the files you sent as their file type are not allowed, Could you please resend these files inside a zip file?
    Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    we found traces that indicates a crash with your windows viewer,
    To further investigate the cause, could you please check if there are any spacedeskWindowsVIEWER.exe.xxxx.dmp files created in the following directories of your secondary machine:
    – C:\Users\\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
    – C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

If you find one or more dumps, please send it as *.zip file.

right
    Teilnehmer

Unfortunately, I do not have such directories as you indicated.

right
    Teilnehmer

please tell me, if I install a clean Windows 10 Pro on a secondary device, a laptop, will this solve the problem with launching the Spacedesk viewer?

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @right,

we are still investigating this issue, we will give you an update once a progress has been made. reinstalling your windows 10 is not necessary.

right
    Teilnehmer

ok, thanks, let me know if you need anything else

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    We have released a new spacedesk Windows 7 viewer v0.9.44, this contains the fix for the crash.
    Please update your viewer and try it. let us know if it fixes the issue for you.
    Looking forward to your feedback!

right
    Teilnehmer

Dear Christian, thank you for the work you have done, I deleted the old version of the application and installed the new one, now everything works.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @right,
    No problem, Glad it worked out for you!
    We will now close this topic.

For your concern regarding the server, we moved it to another topic, we will use this thread to update you about the progress of the install error issue.
    Link: https://forum.spacedesk.net/forums/topic/error-while-installing-spacedesk/

Ansicht von 14 Beiträgen – 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Das Thema „spacedesk does not open“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.