Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Space desk connects and works fine but then days later won’t find server

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor
    psyko
    Teilnehmer

When I install and run the program (android client windows 10 server) it connects absolutely fine, works perfectly, no problems at all.

However.

A day or 2 later when I try use it again it does not find the server.

I have to restart the modem/router to get it to work again, this is not practical for my uses I do not want to have to do this.

I have tried reinstalling, resetting, switching everything on and off again, nothing works.

I can enter the IP address of the server and it will connect, with a 30 second delay or longer and it does not display correctly.

I have tried USB teathering, works great until I start a program and it resets the tablet rendering everything useless

I have looked everywhere for a fix. Tried everything I can think of
    But nothing works, except restarting the router, which I again, let me be clear do not want to have to do every time I use this program

Anybody got any ideas? I love what this program does but this is irritating me to the point of just not using it anymore

Please help me find what the issue is 🙂 looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @psyko,

I have tried reinstalling, resetting, switching everything on and off again, nothing works.

Did you do these on both android viewer app and spacedesk Driver on Windows 10?

Did you already tried restarting the spacedeskService on services.msc on Windows 10?

Do you have third party firewall software on your primary machine and/or android device?
    Do you maybe have VPN (Virtual Private Network) active?

Could you please also try to disable the Settings -> Connection -> Automatic Server Discovery, then try to enter the IP address manually?

What is the current network connection on your Windows 10 primary machine? Wired or Wireless?

psyko
    Teilnehmer

Did you do these on both android viewer app and spacedesk Driver on Windows 10?

Yes, multiple times

Did you already tried restarting the spacedeskService on services.msc on Windows 10?

No need to, after the first 3 times this happened I decided not to start it with windows just in case that was the issue. So I only start that service when I need it now.

However I will try it again

Do you have third party firewall software on your primary machine and/or android device?
    Do you maybe have VPN (Virtual Private Network) active

No to all.

Could you please also try to disable the Settings -> Connection -> Automatic Server Discovery, then try to enter the IP address manually?

Have tried manual entering twice before, every time it connects but there is a 30-60+ second lag between what happens and when it’s drawn on screen, tested with “identity” in display settings for reliable testing

What is the current network connection on your Windows 10 primary machine? Wired or Wireless?

Wired. Gigabit, main line connection to router.

It works fine when it’s working, and it works for a few days (turning off and on ofcorse, not one long run) but then randomly just decides not to detect the server (yes it’s up) that it’s been working fine on.

Only thing that makes it work again is a router reset.

psyko
    Teilnehmer

Tried everything you suggested, tested over time many times no luck.

Only thing that resets it and makes it work is resetting the router

Leslieunivy
    Teilnehmer

Or, how 3 hours can slide past when you are working hard, but having to wait 10 minutes on the side of the road for someone seems like forever.

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.