Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Not detecting driver on Primary PC in IOS

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    srirams05
    Teilnehmer

My setup:
    Primary:
    PC Windows 10 64 bit
    NVIDIA Graphics card
    Connected to LAN router via Ethernet cable

Secondary:
    IPad Air 4th Gen
    IOS: 16.7.1
    Wireless to the same LAN as Primary

LAN:
    | —> Ethernet cable —> switch —> Ethernet cable —> PC primary
    Modem —> Router —>|
    | —> wireless —> iPad secondary

Installed the latest primary driver on PC and app on Ipad.

The driver installs property and is broadcasting (see attached)
    The Ipad app cannot detect the server. Manually adding the IPv4 address does not work. Interestingly, the driver app on the PC shows the IPv6 address.

Tried PC —>USB 3 —> USB C —> Ipad and tried tethering per instructions. Not detected on PC.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @srirams05,
    What iOS viewer version are you using? are you using spacedesk iOS viewer v1.0.52? Please be informed that there’s a known bug on that version that causes crash and discovery issues.
    We have release a new spacedesk iOS viewer in the appstore. Please update your viewer and check if there are still any problems on your side.

srirams05
    Teilnehmer

I am using IOS viewer 1.0.53 (latest update)

See attached image/file. For driver version 1.075

See also that server seems to be broadcasting.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    srirams05
    Teilnehmer

Follow on question: in my LAN setup described above, can I connect my ipad to the LAN switch to which the Primary PC is connected?

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @srirams05,
    You could try the following:
    1. Disable your IPV6 in Control Panel > Network and Internet > network connection > right click on your network adapter and uncheck ‚Internet Protocol Version 6‘ and leave ipv4 checked.
    or
    2. you can try to prioritize IPV4 over IPV6, please run the Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following commands below:
    reg add hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip6\parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x20
    then reboot your pc and try to connect with spacedesk

Q: In my LAN setup described above, can I connect my ipad to the LAN switch to which the Primary PC is connected?
    A: Yes, Theoretically, it should work with the use of an ethernet adapter for your Ipad, but please note that this feature has not been fully tested yet. so it may or may not work on some devices.

srirams05
    Teilnehmer

It works.. I didn’t have to disable the IPv6. It turns out that when I had installed the viewer on the ipad, i must not have allowed it access to something. I uninstalled and reinstalled the viewer app this time allowing. It works with the ipad connected via Ethernet adapter/cable to the LAN.

Now the next step is to figure out how to duplicate one of the 3 displays on the PC onto the Ipad display. I presume I must do this on the PC Display controls?

When I duplicate, do the resolution of the PC display have to match the display setting on the Ipad?

I will check if the documentation has guidance on this.

Thanks for your help

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @srirams05,

We are glad that it is now working on your side.
    In case of Desktop duplication, the answer is No. you don’t have to match the resolution of your main display and Ipad. however, to get the best experience and ensure a good display quality, it is recommended that your main screen resolution and spacedesk Viewer resolution have the same „aspect ratio“ (e.g. 4:3). for 4:3 aspect ratio: Main display screen 1920×1440 and viewer display screen 800×600.
    You can change resolution of spacedesk Viewer in spacedesk Viewer app menu.

srirams05
    Teilnehmer

Wanted to let you know that it is working very well for me. Thanks.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

No problem, Glad it worked out for you!
    We will now close this topic. In case you encounter any spacedesk related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen – 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Das Thema „Not detecting driver on Primary PC in IOS“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.