Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Main display/computer system crashes when gaming

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Autor
    talakazamadsa
    Teilnehmer

Hi, I’ve encounter this issue that I think is only native to Valorant. Whenever I play Valorant, using a Windows main device, and a windows second monitor/viewer. After a few minutes of playing the game, my main system would just freeze entirely and I would have to shut down and restart my device. I’m not sure how to get logs as my computer just freezes whenever the bug were to happen. I’ve started another thread about this same issue a while back and closed it because I thought the issue was resolved after updating my drivers, but nope it’s still present :(.

I believe I’ve been able to capture the issue in the spacedesk logs for diagnostic information.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @talakazamadsa,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we will be investigating this on our side.
    -Could you please check if there’s a recent *.dmp file found in “C:\Windows\minidump” folder and in “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WDF” folder. Just check the most recent one with timestamp today, zip it and send it to us.
    -Could you also monitor the spacedeskService.exe’s Dedicated and Shared GPU Memory for any leaks before it crashes? or how high does it get before the crash? just go to task manager > details > right click on the column header > ’select columns‘ and check the Dedicated and Shared GPU memory.

For the meantime, here are some things you can try for your game…
    1. is your VPN active while playing the game? if so, please try to disable it and restart both programs.
    2. try to allocate more system resources for the game by
    – running the game > minimize it and go to task manager
    > go to the details tab and locate the Valorant.exe > right click on that process and select ‚High‘ under the ’set priority option‘
    3. try to recalibrate your in-game settings specifically in the graphics sections..if you are using high settings, try to use medium for all graphic settings.
    4. check again for any pending driver update in Nvidia.

talakazamadsa
    Teilnehmer

Hi, I was unable to find a .dmp file but I was running Diagnostic Collection during one of my crashes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @talakazamadsa,

How about for the spacedeskService.exe’s Dedicated and Shared GPU Memory load? Have you noticed anything unusual such as very high processing of memory?

talakazamadsa
    Teilnehmer

So when it crashed, I was able to capture the load as Dedicated GPU: 1,521,021,136k and Share GPU: 49.136k

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @talakazamadsa,

It’s possible that the crash is caused by a driver problem. We’ve encountered a similar issue before which is connected to high GPU memory usage, and this could be relevant to your situation. We are currently working this out and already have a potential fix that might become available in the next release. we will let you know once it becomes available for install so you can test it out.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @talakazamadsa,

Any news?
    FYI: We just released a new spacedesk Windows Driver which is available on our download page http://www.spacedesk.net
    Please Update your spacedesk Windows Driver to BETA RC 1.0.70 and let us know if this new version fixes the issue for you.

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.