Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions How much bandwidth does the connection require?

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    djfix13
    Teilnehmer

i want to build a multimonitor (1 wired display and 2 remote android sansung note 10+).
    I have made some network consumption tests but they are unstable.
    with resolutions of 1920×1080 30FPS color 4.2.2 how much bandwidth do I consume for each display?
    can I use a wifi AC network (wifi 5) or do I need to install an AX network (wifi 6)?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @djfix13,
    What do you mean by unstable?
    Does the viewer apps disconnecting randomly?

spacedesk requires at least 100Mbps network bandwidth to get a reasonable performance.

can I use a wifi AC network (wifi 5) or do I need to install an AX network (wifi 6)?

It’s up to your preference, just make sure that both your primary machine and tablet devices are connected on the same local area network.

Dagni
    Teilnehmer

The consumption depends on what you’re displaying on the screen. My secondary monitor has 1600×900 resolution and display settings are Medium color quality, 60 FPS. If it just displays an empty screen, the consumption is around 10 Mbps/sec. If I watch a Youtube video in full screen, it goes up to around 40 Mbps/sec.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hello @dagni,
    Yes, that is correct.
    The network usage will depends on the current screen update on the viewer app.
    spacedesk server is sending a compressed images of the screen updates to viewer app. So the bigger the screen update the bigger packet size will be sent over the network.

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.