Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Fire tablet client when connected has large black borders

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen – 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor
    mshopper2
    Teilnehmer

Running Windows PRIMARY PC (server) V1.0.50 and Fire tablet client v91.1.
    Picture 1. When the FT client starts up, it displays full screen left and right, with very thin borders up and down. The setting icon, 3 short lines, inside the display image.

Picture 2. When connected to Windows server, image shrink down with black borders on left, right and top. Bottom has no border. The setting icon, 3 short lines, is outside the display image. Would be nice to be able to enlarge the screen to the border area.

Also, Client screen is configured as extended to the left of the monitor, but the mouse cursor needs to move to the right of server screen and enters from the left of the client screen.

Not show stoppers but would be helpful fixes. thanks

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mshopper2,
    Please upload again the images with smaller file size.

mshopper2
    Teilnehmer

Reduced by 50% below 500 kb

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mshopper2,

These black borders appears when the current resolution in the viewer app does not match the aspect ratio of the device’s native screen resolution.
    In the Android Viewer settings -> Resolution, uncheck the „Use custom resolution“ box, so that the viewer will only use the native android device resolution.

mshopper2
    Teilnehmer

Thanks Lea, Your solution work perfectly. No more black borders and using the entire area of the client. Also, the issue with „the mouse cursor needs to move to the right of server screen and enters from the left of the client screen.“ was due to user error; In Windows 11 when I changed the client screen position, I did not notice I needed to click Applied button that pops up to save the setting. All is good, have a happy new year.

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen – 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Das Thema „Fire tablet client when connected has large black borders“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.