Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Failed to install new version

Ansicht von 27 Beiträgen – 1 bis 26 (von insgesamt 26)
  • Autor
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

I tried to install a newer version 1.0.57, but could not.

I got 3 error messages as I tried to install it.

I attacked a data called „spacedeskmsi_trace.txt“
    I followed the instructions from this [post](https://forum.spacedesk.netforums/topic/cannot-install-3/#post-8816).

I checked on windows if there where no updates, graphic updates, cpu updates, uninstalled every data I could find in Explorer and regit which had relations to spacedesk. However, I still get these error messages and don’t know what to do now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,

Thank you very much for sending the our spacedesk msi installer traces.
    However, we would like to check first the following logs to analyze the issue:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click „Save all information“ and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Here is the .zip file spacedesk Lea

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,

Thank you very much for sending the requested logs.

Do you have several applications open/running in the background while trying to install spacedesk?
    Is the current overall memory usage in your task manager, high?

Can you try to reboot your PC, then don’t open any applications yet, just run the spacedesk installer and check if it will succeed.
    If it fails, please send us the updated setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF (unfortunately the previous one you sent don’t have the traces of spacedesk installation), maybe also include other recent setupapi.xxx.log files too.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Currently its round about 30% Usage of memory usage

When I initially removed all the auto-start apps and restarted, I then started the file again. Same result. Also, according to your information, I only found one file named „setupapi.dev.log“.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Here is the dev log document

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,
    Thank you very much for sending the updated setupapi.dev.log file.

Could you please try to run the Microsoft Troubleshooter program which you can download here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Run the “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab”, select Uninstalling.
    If “spacedesk Windows DRIVER” is not on the program list, just select “Not Listed” then paste the product code of the spacedesk Driver v1050 here: {F2F9F523-C420-4596-BBA7-987BF40E5583}

After that, please reboot your primary machine then try again to install the latest spacedesk msi installer from the website.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Ok I followed your steps and I was told that you can not remove the old version (at least the spacedesk app). In addition, the program what you prescribed me reported that it could not remove it. I am sending you all the materials that came to me when I tried this. I am sending the new setupapi.dev_.log file just to be on the safe side. Can imagine that it can help you Lea.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Next, please try to uninstall the old spacedesk Driver v1050 on your machine first, before installing the latest version.
    You can do this by any of the methods below:
    – running the v1050 msi installer -> select Remove
    – opening the Windows Settings -> Apps -> Installed apps, find spacedesk Windows DRIVER and uninstall it
    After uninstall, please reboot your machine, then try the v1057 msi installer again.
    Then let us know the result.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Where can I install it or where is it located bc I don’t have it in the directory Downloads. Also I don’t find Windows Settings -> Apps -> Installed apps the spacedesk Windows DRIVER.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,
    Do you still have the spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1050_BETA.msi?
    Just run it and select „Remove“.

If you don’t have it, we will send it to your registered email address. Please check.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Thanks, I got the email. When I downloaded it from Dropbox and started it said „The configuration data for this product is corrupted. Contact support.“ (windows error.png but in german) and I think I know what that might be. I have been desperately trying to uninstall the spacedesk driver via the registry editor as mentioned at the beginning. I deleted everything related to spacedesk in it. Is there maybe a way to restore it somehow, as with this I can most likely run the file without problems and initiate the uninstall.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,
    I see… that might be the problem..
    Uninstalling via registry editor is not recommended (for advanced users only).

Next, please send us the msi trace during uninstallation using the v1050 msi.
    Please use the spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr17lj6n63k52rh/2022_spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip?dl=0,
    copy the v1050 msi installer inside the folder, then right-click (-> run as administrator) the get_trace.bat and enter the v1050 msi file name and try to uninstall/remove again so that it will generate a new spacedeskmsi_trace.txt, then please send it to us.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Here I put again a picture where it is written that „the configuration data for this product is corrupted“ and the spacedeskmsi_trace.txt

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,
    Thank you very much for sending the trace log.
    It seems that the installer immediately returns with 1610.

1610 is equivalent to ERROR_BAD_CONFIGURATION – The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel.

Could you please check if you have System Restore enabled (see the attached screenshot)?
    And try to restore to an earlier point before you attempted v1057 (earlier than 2/2/2023 18:12:58).

Attachments:
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Yes, it says when I installed the Spacedesk TREIBER. But I want to ask you again if this process does not affect the other programs, because I have unlocked an office program with an office license and it would otherwise be critical if suddenly the program disappears or otherwise.

Attachments:
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

*when I installed the Spacedesk DRIVER

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

I see.. unfortunately, once you restore to the point before spacedesk installation, the recently installed office will be deleted too..

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Ok, I have done that. When it was executed, after minutes I got this error message in German. It says that the system restore did not run successfully and the computer’s system files and settings were not changed, so it did not work. The details of the failure were that the file could not be extracted from the restore point and that there was an unknown error in the system restore. I searched for the error code (0x8007045b) and as a workaround they said to follow the steps on the page (https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/troubleshoot/windows-client/backup-and-storage/system-restore-fail-error-0x8007045b) to restart Windows RE. This should fix the problem and I can run System Restore without any problems. However, I cannot get into the Recovery Environment. Have tried numerous methods (https://www.ubackup.com/windows-11/windows-11-recovery-environment.html) except the last two to get into RE, all of which have failed. Do you have any idea what I should do in the idea?

Attachments:
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Ok, I have done that. When it was executed, after minutes I got this error message in German. It says that the system restore did not run successfully and the computer’s system files and settings were not changed, so it did not work. The details of the failure were that the file could not be extracted from the restore point and that there was an unknown error in the system restore. I searched for the error code (0x8007045b) and as a workaround they said to follow the steps on the page (https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/troubleshoot/windows-client/backup-and-storage/system-restore-fail-error-0x8007045b) to restart Windows RE. This should fix the problem and I can run System Restore without any problems. However, I cannot get into the Recovery Environment. Have tried numerous methods (https://www.ubackup.com/windows-11/windows-11-recovery-environment.html) except the last two to get into RE, all of which have failed. Do you have any idea what I should do in the idea?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,

I see.. looks like System Restore point is broken.

Next to try:
    – Run „regedit“ on your primary machine
    – go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
    \Installer\Products\325F9F2F024C6954BB7A89B74FE05538
    – then right-click the „325F9F2F024C6954BB7A89B74FE05538“ registry key, select „Export“
    – Save the exported *.reg file in a folder then zipped it and send it to us.

Using the last spacedeskmsi_trace.txt you sent, is „spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1050_BETA.msi“ still in C:\Users\christian.ertl\Downloads\spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate folder?

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

Okay, I’ve done it, Lea. Here is the zip file

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,

Thanks for sending the reg file.
    Please follow the steps below:
    – Go to C:\Users\christian.ertl\AppData\Roaming\BetterDiscord\plugins and copy the spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1050_BETA.msi there.

– Extract the *.reg file inside the regedit-data-modified.zip which I attached, double click it to merge in your registry.
    It’s the same reg file you sent I just added „PackageName“ and set it to „spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1050_BETA.msi“ in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer
    \Products\325F9F2F024C6954BB7A89B74FE05538\SourceList

– Then go back to C:\Users\christian.ertl\Downloads\spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate where spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1050_BETA.msi is located and right-click the get_trace.bat and run as Administrator.

– If the „Remove“ button is available please try to click it.
    Otherwise, proceed with installation, then run again the msi and uninstall it via „Remove“.

-If it still fails, please send us the updated spacedeskmsi_trace file.

Attachments:
    Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

It worked! Thank you Lea for your support. I rarely contact the support when it comes to such things, as I can usually solve them myself. Sorry for the inconvenience, it took a long time xD

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

… … can you delete the answer from me or the picture, you can see the IP of my WLAN router
    I have not paid attention to that now

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @switchplay7149,
    Good to hear that it worked.
    In case you encounter any issues with spacedesk just let us know.
    We are always glad to receive user feedback.

OK, I deleted your previous screenshot.

Switchplay7149
    Teilnehmer

All right, thanks

Ansicht von 27 Beiträgen – 1 bis 26 (von insgesamt 26)
  • Das Thema „Failed to install new version“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.