Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Connecting tablet to pc via ethernet

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    varjak
    Teilnehmer

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S which I want to connect to my pc offline. Since the tablet does not support USB tethering (it is a wifi tablet, not a mobile phone tablet), but does support ethernet, I connected it to my pc using a USB to ethernet adapter. I have set the same IP address and subnet mask in both tablet and pc, and was able to establish the ethernet connection. However, spacedesk on my tablet does not detect my pc. I tried adding the IP address manually, but it tries to connect forever. How can I connect my table to my pc offline without USB tethering?

I also tried connecting them via wifi direct I believe, by setting a mobile hostop in my pc. It seemed to need a wifi connection, which would defeat the purpose for me. Even so, I did the hotspot, but I cannot connect my tablet to it, I don’t know why (it keeps trying to get the IP).

Do you think connecting the tablet and pc via ethernet with a router in between would work differently for spacedesk than directly?

PS. BTW, I read in a different thread that „Native Android USB cable connection will be available very soon.“, and I am very excited about this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @varjak,
    We just released a new spacedesk Driver v1.0.54.
    This new version now supports native Android USB cable connection.
    You just have to enable it via spacedesk Driver Console -> Communication Interfaces -> Android USB Cable.
    Please try it and let us know if it works on your side.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    varjak
    Teilnehmer

Hello,
    I tried to connect my desktop to my tablet via native USB but it did not work.

When I connect the USB cable, my tablet offers me multiple USB options; I have tried everyone but none worked.

I am attaching a print-screen of the spacedesk Driver Console and the tablet USB options.

Do you know how can I make it work?

Attachments:
    varjak
    Teilnehmer

Hello,

I tried to connect my desktop to my tablet via native USB but it did not work.

When I connect the USB cable, my tablet offers me multiple USB options; I have tried everyone but none worked.

I am attaching a print-screen of the spacedesk Driver Console and the tablet USB options.

Do you know how can I make it work?

PS. Sorry, can I delete my previous duplicate reply? I cannot edit it to empty. And remove the duplicate attachments!

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von varjak.
    • Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von varjak.
    Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @varjak,
    Please enable the Android USB Cable in spacedesk Driver Console -> Communication Interfaces -> Android USB Cable.

Attachments:
    varjak
    Teilnehmer

Thank you so much, it worked! I didn´t think „Communication Interfaces“ was a menu itself. 🙂

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Das Thema „Connecting tablet to pc via ethernet“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.