Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions charging iPad while using Spacedesk

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    RobLatour
    Teilnehmer

First, thanks for the great software. With the Spacedeck driver, I can use my iPad as an additional screen for my Windows PC.

The only issue is that when I plug my iPad into my computer’s USB port the iPad won’t charge (regardless of if I am using Spacedesk or not).

I have a powered external usb hub and tried it. While the Spacedesk part continues to work perfectly, there is still no love in terms of the iPad charging.

Ideally, I would like to iPad to charge while also using Spacedesk so that I could effectively use it as a permanent extra display. Right now I can only use it up to the point the iPad battery holds up, after which I have to unplug it and charge it with a charging block.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @roblatour,

I have a powered external usb hub and tried it. While the Spacedesk part continues to work perfectly, there is still no love in terms of the iPad charging.

Is spacedesk connected over USB tethering or WiFi network?

RobLatour
    Teilnehmer

It is connected via USB tethering.

I specifically don’t want the iPad connected to the WiFi via Spacedesk as I want to use the iPad as a permanently connected solution and already have a significant number of other devices taxing my Wifi network connection – and thus want to use a USB connection.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 9 Monaten von RobLatour.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @roblatour,
    It seems like a limitation in iOS device and not a spacedesk issue.
    I found this similar issue from Apple forum site https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2090334.

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.