Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Can’t connect to iPad

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    lauren wadyko
    Teilnehmer

I’m trying to use my iPad as a second monitor for my windows pc, but it just shows the „connecting to [my computer’s IP]“ screen for like a full minute or so, and then says there was a connection failure. I think it might be an issue with my computer and not my iPad since I tested it with my phone and got a much faster connection failure, but I’m not very sure about it since everything seems to be set up perfectly fine on my pc (the app is allowed through the firewall, its turned on and refers to my pc as in idle in the driver window, all that.) Its the latest version, I just downloaded it not too long ago today so I don’t think that’s the issue. Both devices are connected to the same wireless network. My computer’s IP shows up in the list of devices I can connect to. I’ve gone through set up guides and as far as I can tell I’ve done everything right, so I’m very confused. Thanks in advance!

While writing this and going through the forms, it connected briefly (for about 57 seconds apparently), showing a black screen and then disconnecting and giving me a server error code. I’ve had it do something like this a few times. The first being error code 2-5-6-5- and error info 0-5-8-9- and lasting 22 seconds, the next being error code 2-5- and error info 0-5- and a connected time of one second, and this last time being error code 2-5-6- and error info 0-5-8-.

Since it seemed like a common troubleshooting question, I do not have Nvidia shadowplay/screen record running. I’ve attached my dxdiag.txt to this for the same reason.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @lauren-wadyko,
    Thanks for your detailed input.

It seems like our spacedesk display driver is crashing, possibly a TDR(Timeout detection and recovery).
    I’ve noticed an error code 43 on our spacedesk Graphics Adapter (you can also verify it on device manager).

Do you have the in-game overlay enabled on your Nvidia GeForce Experience settings?
    Your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 graphics driver is a few months outdated. Please download the latest driver from their website.
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
    This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
    On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
    After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
    Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

Looking forward to your feedback.
    For further questions and/or discussions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

lauren wadyko
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for replying! I had no idea my graphics driver was out of date, haha. Here’s the zip file from the diagnostic tool!

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @lauren-wadyko,
    Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs, but we cannot find the important traces in the logs.
    Are you sure that you tried to reproduce the issue on Step 5 before you continue the script?

Do you have the in-game overlay enabled on your Nvidia GeForce Experience settings?

lauren wadyko
    Teilnehmer

I think I reproduced the issue, being that the main problem is it saying „connection failure“ after having the connecting to [IP] screen. I have now turned off the in game overlay, but I’m still experiencing a connection failure. No error message, just „Connection failure. Unable to Connect!“. I have attempted with my phone and gotten the same error (again, after a much shorter period of time.)

I was able to produce an error I haven’t gotten while the diagnostic wasn’t running. Error code 2-5-6-5- and error info 0-5-8-9-, but now I can no longer run the diagnostic tool. I keep getting the error of „Data collector set already exists“, even after deleting the files and re-downloading it. I’m sorry 🙁

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @lauren-wadyko,
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. Please try to reboot your primary machine then try again to run the diagnostic script.

lauren wadyko
    Teilnehmer

I managed to get another error, I don’t remember the error code and all though. Here’s the zip file from the diagnostic of that error! Thanks so much for putting up with me so far by the way^^;

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @lauren-wadyko,

Thanks for sending an updated diagnostic logs.
    It’s confirmed that our spacedesk Graphics Adapter is crashing due to TDR(Timeout detection and recovery).
    This usually happens if there’s any 3D app conflicting with our driver.
    Do you have any other 3D application running while trying to connect a spacedesk viewer?
    Any screen recording app, 3D games running?

Could you please right-click the spacedesk tray icon (in the task bar’s notification area) then select „Clear All Display Settings“, then try again with spacedesk.

lauren wadyko
    Teilnehmer

I don’t have any screen recording apps or 3d games running and it unfortunately is still giving me errors. I appreciate all your help but I think that I will give up on trying to get this to work. I hope you have a nice day 🙂

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.