Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Cannot turn ON anymore

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Vilo
    Teilnehmer

Hello,

This morning I discovered I wasn’t able to connect a side screen (old laptop) to my main Computer with Spacedesk Driver console installed on.

So,
    1. I Turned OFF on Spacedesk Driver console
    2. I tried to turn ON on Spacedesk Driver console

But nothing happens : it looks like the program try to execute my command, but doesn’t do anything (the UI is froze during 5seconds).

So,
    3. I downloaded the last release (1.0.57)
    4. I installed it

I had a „installation error“ but I can see „BETA RC Version 1.0.57 (Expiry: Dec 31, 2023)“ in bottom right.

Right now I’m rebooting my computer after last graphic card driver installation.

Can you help me to solve this ?

Before this morning I used to work with Spacedesk on 2 side screen without any issues since 6 month ago.

• Dieses Thema wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von Vilo.
    Vilo
    Teilnehmer

Graphic card drivers are up to date, the issue stills occur.

Finally I downloaded again the last .msi and did a Repair : it solve the issue.

I don’t know what happened that „impacted“ SpaceDesk drivers normal behavior.

By the way thanks for you software

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von Vilo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @vilo,

We are glad that it’s working now on your side.

Just for your info (about the error you encountered): looks like the spacedeskService was hanging on #2 (upon switching ON is console app).
    So when you first tried to update to latest version 1057, the msi uninstalls the hanging spacedeskService which requires a reboot (based on the logs) which you didn’t do (because I assume there’s no prompt message) and that’s why it cannot install the new spacedeskService and triggers an installation error.

In case you encounter again the spacedeskService hang (where spacedesk Driver console cannot switch back ON), just let us know so that we can analyze it.

Vilo
    Teilnehmer

Thanks for the information Lea. I’ll try to keep you informed if this issue re-occur.

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Das Thema „Cannot turn ON anymore“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.