Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Cannot install in Win10

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Autor
    sskyau
    Teilnehmer

I got the error message when I was trying to install. I rebooted the computer and got the same result. I think the problem is space desk had been installed previously and for some reasons I need to reinstall the Windows. I restore all the drivers from backup after I reinstall Win10, therefore, I think the space desk drivers also got restored (I captured the screen from search for „spacedesk“ in window explorer). So may be it is the problem, how can I remove the existing old drivers now? I can’t get the program to install so there is no option for me to uninstall.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @sskyau,
    Thank you very much for providing information regarding this issue.
    since you cannot install any MSI, removing the old drivers should now be done manually.
    Please Go to chapter “UNINSTALL ON WINDOWS PRIMARY MACHINE” => “Manual Uninstall (Troubleshooting Only)” in the user manual https://manual.spacedesk.net/ManualUninstallTroubleshootingOn.html
    Do all 7 steps (Step 1 – Step 7) mentioned in this chapter
    Chapter “APPENDIX”=> “File List” states all executable files. After deleting all these, there should be nothing left to see any more.

Note: these steps should only be done in exceptional cases if needed and if previously discussed with spacedesk support.

sskyau
    Teilnehmer

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have done your instruction step by step except for step 4 and step 5 which I couldn’t find any of those devices in device manager. After reboot, the installation process still stop in the „Installing spacedesk Android Control Driver“ step and showing the same error message. Any idea?

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @sskyau,
    For further analysis, please also provide us the following files:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.
    Looking forward to your feedback.

sskyau
    Teilnehmer

Please find the attached files for your further analysis. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @sskyau,

Thank you very much for sending the required files.
    We are now currently investigating the logs. In the meantime, please check if there are any available pending Windows updates in the PC settings. if there is, please install the available updates and try installing spacedesk again.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @sskyau,
    Could you please send us the following files, just follow the steps below.
    -Open Command Prompt
    -type pnputil /enum-drivers
    -copy all and save to a text file
    –you can open a new command prompt window
    -type pnputil /enum-devices
    -copy all and save to a text file
    Save all the text files in a single Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Ansicht von 7 Beiträgen – 1 bis 6 (von insgesamt 6)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.