Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Can I connect 4 screens of different resolutions

Ansicht von 10 Beiträgen - 1 bis 9 (von insgesamt 9)
  • Autor
    Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

I have a WIN 7 Desktop PC with 4 monitors (of different resolutions) hooked to it.

But I just want to use one laptop in my life.

When I come home from work, I want to push a button and EXTEND my laptop interface across the 4 monitors.

Is this possible?

<see image>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @bilbo8333,
    Yes, it’s possible.
    Just use our current spacedesk Windows Viewer App for Windows 7 v0.9.30 from our website and run 4 instances of the viewer app and put it on each of your monitors then connect to the IP address of your primary machine (laptop).

Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

Hi
    I did that.
    But the problem is, all 4 of my monitors have a slightly different resolutions.
    But for each instance I created of the SpaceDesk app, each one had the same resolution–of the primary monitor.
    How can I fix this?

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 10 Monaten von Bilbo8333.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @bilbo8333,
    You can set each custom resolution of the viewer app via Settings -> Resolutions -> Other Screen Resolution before connecting the viewer app.
    And once connected, you can correct the screen resolution of each screen on your primary machine’s display settings window.

Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

Hi
    I’m a programmer. But it’s not clear to me how that dialogue box functions.
    Why are there two check boxes? Can’t only native or custom be active at the same time?
    Also, changing the resolutions doesn’t seem to do anything…

See video
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mY_mSy31lpcNZ7MuBdpm1eqq0P7_FDc/view?usp=sharing

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 10 Monaten von Bilbo8333.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @bilbo8333,
    Thanks for the video.
    For the first instance viewer, once you set the first resolution of the viewer (which in your case is the native screen resolution 1680×1050) just connect first before opening another viewer instance then set your next desired screen resolution and so on until the 4th viewer instance.

Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

Yikes!
    Well that’s one way to do it.
    Ok I did that. but now I can’t set the dimensions correctly.
    How come I can’t type numbers into the spinner box?
    <SEE FILE>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

I played a movie via network but this little X keeps flashing in the top-right.
    Does not mean i don’t have enough bandwidth?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @bilbo8333,
    To set a custom number in the box, you have to click the up or down arrow to increment or decrement the values (you have to be patient on this one in order to get the desired value and please also take note that it will not accept any odd number values).

As for eliminating the flashing X, just click the Touch Off in the Functionality tab, I assume you are not using touch screen input in your case.

FYI: The „X“ button found on upper right corner of windows viewer when in full screen mode + touch enabled is currently
    intended for Windows (Surface) tablet that don’t have keyboard attached and no way to exit from full screen mode.

Bilbo8333
    Teilnehmer

„To set a custom number in the box, you have to click the up or down arrow to increment or decrement the values (you have to be patient on this one in order to get the desired value and please also take note that it will not accept any odd number values).“

I know.
    This is a VERY bad UI design. Please ask the programmers to change that.

Also, I held the spinner down for a long time, but eventually, it reached a maximum value, and the values stopped moving.

E.g. currently I can set the spinner value to 2560 x 1440.
    But, it is not possible to set the spinner value to 1440 x 2560

This means I can’t use the SpaceDesk.

And attempting to rotate to portrait mode in the Primary PC didn’t work either.

; (

Ansicht von 10 Beiträgen - 1 bis 9 (von insgesamt 9)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.