Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Aspect Ratio Stretched Bug

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    xtreme1
    Teilnehmer

Reached out to support via Email, but I’ll post here as well. I’m having the exact same issue as noted here:

https://forum.spacedesk.netforums/topic/please-share-the-last-driver-version-that-keeps-aspect-ratios/

I can’t find the old driver version to fix it though. Unfortunately with only custom resolution checked (not native too), my 4:3 ratio resolutions are not letter boxed. Please advise.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @xtreme1,

We don’t recommend using an older version of spacedesk. It contains various bugs that are already fixed in the most recent sapcedesk driver version.
    If the custom resolution you selected don’t have a * in it, then it does not match the aspect ratio of the device’s screen, sometimes it keeps the aspect ratio (with black borders on the side) sometimes it’s not. This is an inconsistent behavior in spacedesk which is still present.

Could you please try this workaround and check if it works for you:
    – on spacedesk viewer settings -> resolutions, enabled both native and custom resolution that don’t have * (e.g. 800×600)
    – connect the viewer app
    – open the display settings window on your primary machine
    – switch the spacedesk display resolution from native to custom (maybe a few times) and check if it will eventually keep the aspect ratio upon switching to custom resolution.

xtreme1
    Teilnehmer

Unfortunately this bug makes it very difficult to use and I’d love to try older versions even if they have bugs – though I do understand.

Your suggestion works for my Samsung note8 but my cheaper lenovo tablet at 534×854 native resolution tablet won’t show the native resolution even when it’s checked. Therefore I can’t switch it for the work around

xtreme1
    Teilnehmer

Do you have any suggestions for getting the proper ratio for the tablet?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @xtreme1,
    Unfortunately, no more suggestion at the moment.
    This issue is already forwarded to the developer. We will get back to you as soon as we have news regarding this topic.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 1 Monat von spacedesk Lea.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @xtreme1,
    We just released a new spacedesk Android Viewer version 0.9.99 in the playstore, please update.
    Aspect ratio bug should be fixed now with this latest version.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.