Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Another ‚Cannot Detect Server‘ Issue

Ansicht von 12 Beiträgen – 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Autor
    hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

I’m a new user but with a common problem.

I’ve installed latest Spacedesk on my Windows 10PC (64bit) and the DriverConsole runs fine.

Installed latest Spacedesk on 4 of my Apple devices (2 iPad Mini, 2 iPad).

Whenever I load run Spacedesk on any of the Apple clients, I get the ‘Cannot Detect Server Message’

I’ve read though a number of the forum posts and can confirm:

1. All devices are on same network
    2. Spacedesk added to my Windows Defender ‘Allow List’
    3. Network on host (Win 10) is a wireless adaptor and network set to Private
    4. No AP blocks on my router
    5. Cannot access the host IP address (on either of the 4 clients) directly either in Spacedesk or via the HTML site.
    6. Ping’d my client IP address and all time out, but the router is not blocking as I can connect the iPads to my main PC via the
    network (when running a flight simulator).
    7. USB and WiFi hotspots also not connecting
    8. Not using a VPN
    9. Recycled the Spacedesk server ON/OFF
    10. Tried all above with an Android device and get the same results

I’ve attached the diagnostics zip file to try and help.

Appreciate any and all help and advice.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @hucbr600,
    Thank you very much for your detailed report.
    Can you please try the following steps:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – switch spacedek Server OFF-ON
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button
    Then send us the updated diagnostic logs.

hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Additional diagnostic zip file attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @hucbr600,
    Thank you very much for sending the updated diagnostic logs.
    Based on the logs, spacedesk server start looks good.

Failed ping indicates that there’s a network issue (or something is blocking the network connection between primary and secondary devices). Your primary machine seems unable to reach your client devices.

Please check in Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Network and Sharing center -> Change advanced sharing settings,
    then check if Network discovery and File and printer sharing are ON.

Are you sure that your wifi router don’t have any WiFi/AP/Client Isolation enabled?

Is your primary machine (Surface) personal? Or is it company issued machine?
    Is your Wifi network not a public network (e.g. University, Hotel, Restaurant)?

Are your iPads from Mainland China? Are they WiFi only? Or with cellular?
    Please check on your iPad Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, if spacedesk is on the list and enabled?

hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

Answers below – and still no luck getting Spacedesk to Connect – all other prgrammes that need to connect do connect, so I’m guessing there needs to be something wrong with SpaceDesk.
    ……

Please check in Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Network and Sharing center -> Change advanced sharing settings,
    then check if Network discovery and File and printer sharing are ON. CHECKED EVERYTHING AND ALL ON – NOTHING CHANGED

Are you sure that your wifi router don’t have any WiFi/AP/Client Isolation enabled? CHECKED AGAIN – NOTHING ISOLATED

Is your primary machine (Surface) personal? Or is it company issued machine? – PERSONAL

Is your Wifi network not a public network (e.g. University, Hotel, Restaurant)? PRIVATE HOME NETWORK

Are your iPads from Mainland China? Are they WiFi only? Or with cellular? NOT FROM CHINA – a mix of WiFi ONLY and WIFi and CELLULAR – NOT WORKING ON ANY iPAD DEVICE REGARDLESS OF CELLULAR/WiFI ETC>

Please check on your iPad Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, if spacedesk is on the list and enabled? SPACEDESK VISIBLE AND ENABLED.

…….

I’m really confused, as SpaceDesk worked very well approx 12 months ago, and now it just doesn’t work!

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @hucbr600,

Thank you very much for answering all the questions.
    Have you tried without all these other programs (games and other network connection related apps) running in your machine, and just run spacedesk only?
    Just to check if these other programs don’t interfere with spacedesk network discovery.

hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

Thanks for the suggestion, but still no client (Android or Apple) can detect the Primary Server.

ALSO – I downloaded Spacedesk to another PC – took all the steps above and still no connection.

I have tried Spacedesk on 3 PCs and 5 Tablets, and I just cannot get it to work.

I hate not being able to resolve this, but I can’t really understand why its not working.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @hucbr600,
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.
    I really think it has something to do with your current network. Since pinging the IP address of the client results to time out and that indicates that it cannot reach the client devices in the same network.

Anyway, next thing to try – local host connection via HTML5 Viewer.
    Just open a web browser on your primary machine then go to http://viewer.spacedesk.net/ and connect to its own IP address OR to 127.0.0.1 and check if spacedesk can connect locally.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    • Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

Did you get my feedback re reply #11260 above?

hucbr600
    Teilnehmer

In case you didn’t:

On my host computer I went to: http://viewer.spacedesk.net/ where the following happened:

1. Went to 127.0.0.1 – connected fine
    2. Went to my local IPv4 Address – connected fine
    3. Went to default router IP 192.168.1.1 – did not connect.

Johnny Fang
    Teilnehmer

Hello, @hucbr600

I encountered the same situation like yours, trying all the methods and failed.
    However, while testing with different wifi, it worked.
    I tried with my iPhone hotspot, it worked.
    Then I tried the other type of wifi (2.4G) from the same wifi in my house, it worked as well.

The other type I mentioned above is that, there are two types of wifi from my home wifi, which are 5G and 2.4G respectively. I am not an network expert, there are two wifi connection I can use from the same wifi machine anyway.

The point here for @lea is, my 5G wifi worked fine originally, but the problem occurred in early or mid-December.
    Now, whenever I want to use Spacedesk, I cannot use 5G wifi.
    Maybe you can inform your team about this?

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @johnny-fang,
    Yes in some cases, if both primary and secondary machine are connected on different Network band/frequency, it will also cause a network discovery issue. Some spacedesk users experienced that.

Hi @hucbr600, could you please check this on your side if both are connected on the same network band/frequency?
    Thanks for verifying that it can connect via local host connection. This confirmed that there’s no issue in the server functionality. And the issue is most likely in the local area network settings.

Ansicht von 12 Beiträgen – 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.