Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions An error message „Display OFF“

Ansicht von 17 Beiträgen – 1 bis 16 (von insgesamt 16)
  • Autor
    mayamark
    Teilnehmer

An error message „Display OFF“ is displayed on both my laptop and ipad, and I cannot connect.
    Debug files are attached.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Could you please check the following:
    – open the Display Settings of your primary machine in the Windows operating system. Verify whether the spacedesk display is detached/grayed out, if it is indeed detached, proceed to attach it by choosing either the „extend“ or „duplicate“ option.
    – check for any incompatible software, just run the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> Incompatible Software Products

For further assistance, please refer to the chapter Troubleshooting -> Windows Driver (Primary Machine) in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/#item_494

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for your reply.
    Regarding the points you instructed:
    In the Display Settings, there is no indication of whether the spacedesk display is detached/grayed out.
    Additionally, there is no incompatible software installed.

According to the manual, the spacedesk DRIVER for PRIMARY Machine should display a menu, but I am unable to see it as shown in the image you provided.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Could you please send us the diagnostic logs of the issue?
    Just follow the steps below:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and reproduce the display off issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if a message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for your reply. Please review the attached debug log in my initial email for further investigation.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Unfortunately, we cannot open the zip file (and it’s not the right diagnostic folder we need for analysis).
    Please follow the steps above on how to get the diagnostic logs via spacedesk Driver Console.
    spacedesk Driver Console app generates a diagnostic folder name like “2023-06-26-XXXXX-spacedeskRuntimeDiagnostics” (which contains all necessary diagnostic log files), then this is the folder that you should compress (zipped).

You can also try to split the contents of the diagnostic logs into 2 folders, zip them and upload the 2 zipped file in case it exceeds the allowed file size.

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

I will resend the debug log.

Attachments:
    mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Since the file size of the attachment is large and cannot be attached, would it be possible for you to download it from here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IrSL9sPtgcx5OzC2AWJZuOlEnO8M69MT/view?usp=sharing

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Thank you very much for sending your diagnostic logs.
    Based on the logs, you currently have a detached secondary display.
    could you please send us a screenshot of the Windows display settings while spacedesk is connected?

Could you also please try to “Clear Windows Display Settings” in spacedesk Driver Console -> Control, then try again with spacedesk.

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for your response. I will send you a screen capture.
    I performed „Clear Windows Display Settings,“ but there was no change.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Thank you for sending the screenshot.
    Another possible cause of your Display off issue is your disabled Epson Projector Idd Device.
    Could you please try to enable it in the Device Manager and check again with spacedesk?

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

I have removed the Epson Projector Idd Device, but it seems that the situation hasn’t changed. I will send you the debugging logs.

Thank you very much for your sincere support and assistance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-q0U4i0muzQKTVCtGKYWgpfNmqToga8h?usp=sharing

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

Thank you very much for sending your diagnostic logs.
    Please do not remove the Epson Projector Idd Device. try to ENABLE it first by following the steps below:
    -open Device Manager (just run “devmgmt.msc”) > look for ‚Epson Projector Idd Device‘ > right click > select „Enable Device.“
    Then try connecting again with spacedesk.

mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for your response.

It seems that I am unable to activate the ‚Epson Projector Idd Device.‘

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

This time, try to Uninstall it in the device manager. just select „Uninstall Device“ and make sure to check the „Attempt to remove the driver for this device“ box/option before clicking the Uninstall button. After that, please open spacedesk Driver Console and switch the spacedesk SERVER OFF-ON and try again with spacedesk.
    Please check the attached screenshot for assistance.

Attachments:
    mayamark
    Teilnehmer

Thank you very much for your support, and I’m happy to inform you that it has been successfully implemented.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and enduring cooperation throughout this process.

spacedesk Christian
    Administrator

Hi @mayamark,

We are glad to hear that it is now working on your end. We will now close this topic.
    In case you encounter any spacedesk-related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

Ansicht von 17 Beiträgen – 1 bis 16 (von insgesamt 16)
  • Das Thema „An error message „Display OFF““ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.