Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions After Update „Disconnected by server error“

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen – 1 bis 10 (von insgesamt 10)
  • Autor
    Georelle
    Teilnehmer

I have a video wall setup with 5 Android TV devices and a Windows 11 Pro as the Primary. Previously everything was working good. Then two of the Android devices updated to the newest release 0.9.98 and they would not automatically reconnect after the primary was rebooted. So I updated the Primary software to 1.0.42 and all other Androids to 0.9.98 Now all of the Android devices give an error when the primary is rebooted. They give the „Disconnected by server error. Error Cod: 4-5-6, Error Info: 1-5-8 then the connected time. I did enable Automatically reconnect and entered the IP address of the Primary, but it does not matter it will still give the Disconnected by Sever error. Previously they would do the „Reconnecting to Server….“ message until the primary rebooted then they would reconnect.

I tested the updated software on a separate Windows 11 laptop and different Android TV device and they work as expected but I do not have that setup as a video wall.

I would really like to use this configuration for digital signage.
    Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks-

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @georelle,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue.
    Could you please try setting a Videowall Disconnect Delay value (e.g. 20) in spacedesk Driver Console app and check if it will help with the disconnection issue.

If it did not help, please send us the diagnostic files on your primary machine.
    Just go to spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics, make sure to connect all the 5 spacedesk viewers from your Android TV then click the „Save All Information“ button.
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    • Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von spacedesk Lea.
    Georelle
    Teilnehmer

Thanks @Lea
    I tried the delay setting but that did not help. Now when the Video Wall mode is active I only have one display that works even though the others say they are connected. The only way I could get it to work is to de-activate the video wall mode. Then all of the 5 connected devices would have an image. Otherwise they were black with the exception of one that was the far right end display on the video wall.
    Attached is the diagnostics file requested. I still get the same issue of the disconnect error message on reboot even with the video wall is not active.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von Georelle.
    Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @georelle,

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Please check if there’s a detached display via Windows Display Settings.
    Another thing to try is to click the „Clear Windows Display Settings“ button in spacedesk Driver Console -> Control.
    Please take note that upon clearing the Windows display settings, it will also clear the current videowall settings (Videowall switch, Wall Index, Position, etc), so you have to reconfigure it again.

Georelle
    Teilnehmer

@Lea
    Thanks very much for your support.
    Will this cause the „Disconnected by Server Error“? That is the thing I am most concerned with at this time. All of the 5 Android devices that are connected are doing this as soon as the Primary Windows 11 server reboots.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von Georelle.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v1.0.43 on the website https://forum.spacedesk.net#download.
    We have various updates in this new version and check if you can still reproduce the disconnection issue upon server reboot.

Georelle
    Teilnehmer

@Lea

I updated to 1.0.43 and the error still comes up as soon as the primary server disconnects when rebooting.

I have attached the diagnostics file.

Thanks for the support.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @georelle,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
    We are currently analyzing it and working on a solution.

We will get back to you as soon as we have a new version for you to test.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @georelle,

Please try the most recent spacedesk Driver v1.0.44 in the website https://forum.spacedesk.net
    It includes the fix for the disconnect issue on your side.

Georelle
    Teilnehmer

@Lea

Thanks! This has resolved the issue I was experiencing. It is working well now.

Now if I could get the Android devices to boot into the Spacedeesk app it would be almost perfect. I have tried all the launch on startup apps and none of them seem to work with the latest version of Android TV.
    Is there anything in the roadmap that would enable the Spacedesk app to launch on startup with Android TV?

Thanks again for the support. I am happy with how it functions now.

Georelle

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @georelle,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
    We are glad that it’s working now on your side.

As for the auto launch of spacedesk android app upon Android TV start up, I think our spacedesk android app (or any other android app) is not capable of launching itself automatically upon device start up.
    This is maybe on your Android TV settings (if it exist) or maybe there’s a third party android tool app that can do this.

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen – 1 bis 10 (von insgesamt 10)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.