Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Additional Use Case Idea

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Autor
    Eax
    Teilnehmer

Hi ,

I have specific problem , and Your software almost fits my needs and i wonder if You could help .

I’m software developer , nowadays working from home. I contact with clients / teammates over multitude of communicators ( google , microsoft , zoom etc. ) In my work i find that big 49′ monitor with high resolution (5120 x 1440 ) is really useful and allows me to keep a lot of windows open to reference data while i work. Problems crop up when i need to share my screen to others .
    Most communicators allow for whole screen sharing or window based sharing . Whole screen sharing is not viable for me because most clients and many of my collogues use full hd or even hd screens and my resolution comes up too small for them. Window sharing on the other hand is pain in … because I can’t easily show couple of windows or change between them on the fly and i always have to keep in mind window size on my side. Making window too small or too large will result in google meets , teams or zoom to try to scale screen share to fit clients resolution and will butcher any text that i try to show ( i’m dev showing long convoluted text is in my job description). Solution i came up is to use Your software , extend my screen with virtual full hd monitor , and share the virtual monitor over teams etc. while I use locally your client app to interact with virtual screen. Unfortunately it is not quite smooth sailing , local host can’t be provided in client app and mouse behavior is at best strange – Easiest fix would be to just move my mouse to specific place on virtual screen if i try to interact with your client app . I don’t know how Your software works internally and if those are easy changes but this could be another use case for i think bulk of functionality You already have .

spacedesk Marcel
    Administrator

Thank you very much for your input.
    Which spacedesk Viewer (client app) platform are you using? Android, iOS, Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) or Windows 7 (Desktop)? Please let us know so we can inspect the problems which you are mentioning.
    Can you try a different spacedesk Viewer platform? Maybe another one (Android, iOS, Windows Store or Windows Desktop) works better for your needs? In case it does, please also let us know.

Eax
    Teilnehmer

I’m using Windows 10 Microsoft Store . Just tried viewer for windows 7 and it’s showing the same error. I attached a screen shot of that error . Any other viewers are not possible because i want to interact with extended virtual screen on host PC via client on host PC . Only viewer that works in the web one

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Marcel
    Administrator

spacedesk Viewer for Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) and Viewer for Windows 7 (Desktop) do not support local host.
    There are no plans to do so in the future.

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen – 1 bis 3 (von insgesamt 3)
  • Das Thema „Additional Use Case Idea“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.